TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Standard Equipment that's now optional

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Mike K, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Mike K

Mike K Member

Hey all. I'm about to pull the trigger on another S85, a 2013 with a 05xxx vin. I know that as the cars gained popularity a few once standard features were removed and made options. This is a tech package car, pano roof, air suspension and sound studio.

Specifically I'm trying to figure out if it would have the ambient lighting which at one point was part of the tech package and then split into it's own package.

Other than that are there any other features this car would have standard that might have been optional on a later build?

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The lighting package was not made a separate item until way after 05xxx VIN. It was part of the tech package then. (Note the VIN in the status)

3. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

That was one of the Aug 2013 changes, where it was split out at that point. Don't know the vin range where that started, but it was likely in the 15k-18k range. My car was produced in May 2013 and is vin 111xx

4. jimtelsa

jimtelsa Member

My vin is in my sig. With that i got tesla to do a retro fit on my cpo car to get fog lights, for no charge,
    it did come with ambient lighting. But no driver profiles,power lumbar, or seat heaters.

5. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

My 78xx car has Ambient Lighting from before it was a separate option. You should have it.