Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard interior has black dash trim

Which dash trim color/material do you prefer?

• Wood (First production dash with black interior)

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • White (Introduced with white interior/seats)

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Black (Introduced with standard/base interior, see photo in first post)

Votes: 23 45.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nvx1977

Unknown Member
Nov 25, 2017
NH, MA
New standard/base interior doesn't come with the wood veneer on the dash, so now there's three possible finishes for the dash trim. Here's the interior photo directly from Tesla's configurator for the standard interior:

compositor

I think I like the black better than my wood veneer, particularly since the rest of my interior is pretty much all black. Wonder if the service center would sell me just that piece. I've taken it off a few times so I could DIY this.

• Informative
Reactions: S4WRXTTCS and Tam
There was another thread where someone was able to purchase a white dash separately for something like $230 from Tesla so I don't see why you couldn't purchase the black one. You might have to wait until more have gone into production but it's worth asking around if that's what you really want.

Reactions: nvx1977
I’ve thought about converting my black interior in a couple years hoping they’ll let me buy four white door panels and console trim. I had one of my door trains replaced because it was damaged on delivery and it was a whole piece that went over the speaker