TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Standard or Slimline Plates

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Tozla, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Tozla

Tozla Member

Obviously it's a personal preference and will differ for everyone but what do you think looks best on the MX? Standard sized plates or slimline.

Not sure what regulations are in the US but in Australia we are required to have plates on the front and back. I have seen many cars in videos in the US that don't have the front plates so I'm assuming this is not a requirements at least in some states.

Also do you have slim plates in the US? I know Europe does so I'd welcome their input too.

2. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

No we don't have slim plates in the US. Most states, with a few exceptions, require front and rear plates. However, many of us have chosen to take our chances and not attach the front plate. So far "Officer it's a brand new model and Tesla has not shipped the bracket yet" has worked for me. I've promised the wife that after my second ticket I'll attach them. :rolleyes:

• Like x 1
  3. muleferg

muleferg Active Member

Lucky Me. NC No Front Lic E:cool:

4. Shumdit

Shumdit Member

I think about 30 states require front plates and 20 don't if my memory is correct.

5. Tozla

Tozla Member

I'm leaning towards the slimline plates at the moment. At least in the front. I've been told you can get slim in front and standard in the back and I have both in my plates. I've got 3 months to decide so my indecisiveness will be tested.