Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard or Slimline Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Obviously it's a personal preference and will differ for everyone but what do you think looks best on the MX? Standard sized plates or slimline.

Not sure what regulations are in the US but in Australia we are required to have plates on the front and back. I have seen many cars in videos in the US that don't have the front plates so I'm assuming this is not a requirements at least in some states.

Also do you have slim plates in the US? I know Europe does so I'd welcome their input too.

No we don't have slim plates in the US. Most states, with a few exceptions, require front and rear plates. However, many of us have chosen to take our chances and not attach the front plate. So far "Officer it's a brand new model and Tesla has not shipped the bracket yet" has worked for me. I've promised the wife that after my second ticket I'll attach them. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Tozla
No we don't have slim plates in the US. Most states, with a few exceptions, require front and rear plates. However, many of us have chosen to take our chances and not attach the front plate. So far "Officer it's a brand new model and Tesla has not shipped the bracket yet" has worked for me. I've promised the wife that after my second ticket I'll attach them. :rolleyes:

I think about 30 states require front plates and 20 don't if my memory is correct.