Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Range 7 seat configuration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First, I am well aware of the range on a standard range Tesla. I own a Model 3 SR+ and it's plenty of range for my daily commute and beyond. However with the addition of our 4th child (7 months, 3 year old twins, 5 year old) the Model 3 no longer works. We have a 100D Model X that has plenty of room and range for family trips but if my wife gets called in or has to work late I am trapped at home unable to take all the kids out. The 7 seats in the Model Y will work perfectly for short commutes with the kids.

Now that I have that out of the way. Has anyone taken delivery of a standard range with seven seat interior? I ordered mine on January 11th and still haven't received it. I don't even have an estimated delivery date on my account page anymore. I reached out to my advisor and haven't really gotten an answer except that my order will be fulfilled even though its no longer "officially" available. So that leads me to believe its either delayed because they would rather build the higher margin long range vehicles or they haven't started production on standard range with the 7 seat configuration.

Thanks that's reassuring I wonder if anyone in the US has received one.
Hi WTFam, I ordered on 1/13 White, black interior, 19 in, SR7, got put on the ship to Hawaii around 2/13 to 2/18, delivery date on my account is 3/7. I should have received it sooner if the sea trip didn't take so long. My SA and text from Freemont both confirmed 3/7 give or take 2 days to unload and prep etc. Good luck with yours and congrats on #4.

Last edited:
Hi WTFam, I ordered on 1/13 White, black interior, 19 in, SR7, got put on the ship to Hawaii around 2/13 to 2/18, delivery date on my account is 3/7. I should have received it sooner if the sea trip didn't take so long. My SA and text from Freemont both confirmed 3/7 give or take 2 days to unload and prep etc. Good luck with yours and congrats on #4.

Thanks sounds like I ordered the exact same specification :). Maybe that means mine will show a VIN soon and delivery. I'm not in a huge rush but when I ordered I figured I would have it by the end of the first quarter.