Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Range AWD Model Y inventory priced $61,990 USD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has been reported [link to TMC post] that a new Standard Range AWD Model Y would be priced $59,990. Checked inventory today and noticed about 10 “In Production” units available across the country in this exact spec Priced at $61,990.

2022 Model Y​

Model Y All-Wheel Drive
  1. 279mi
    Range (EPA est.)
  2. 135mph
    Top Speed
  3. 5.0sec
    0-60 mph

Your Model Y​

1. 2022 Model Y All-Wheel Drive
    $61,990
  2. Pearl White Paint
    Included
  3. 19’’ Gemini Wheels
    Included
  4. All Black Premium Interior
    Included
  5. Autopilot
    Included
  6. Five Seat Interior
    Included
  7. 30-Day Premium Connectivity Trial
    Included
  • Purchase Price$61,990

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-21 at 10.00.19 AM.pdf
    459.5 KB · Views: 193
  • TESLA MYRSAWDPricing.pdf
    329.2 KB · Views: 111
Perhaps the $2000 additional cost is the delivery charge.
I thought so too however the price breakdown shows Destination cost is on top of the $61,990 price. Check out this screenshot. Also, full listing and price attached to my original post as PDF.

Attachments

• 971085BE-4AB0-4D87-9864-B1F12ADB64F4.jpeg
    971085BE-4AB0-4D87-9864-B1F12ADB64F4.jpeg
    582.5 KB · Views: 524
It has been reported [link to TMC post] that a new Standard Range AWD Model Y would be priced $59,990. Checked inventory today and noticed about 10 “In Production” units available across the country in this exact spec Priced at $61,990.

2022 Model Y​

Model Y All-Wheel Drive
  1. 279mi
    Range (EPA est.)
  2. 135mph
    Top Speed
  3. 5.0sec
    0-60 mph

Your Model Y​

1. 2022 Model Y All-Wheel Drive
    $61,990
  2. Pearl White Paint
    Included
  3. 19’’ Gemini Wheels
    Included
  4. All Black Premium Interior
    Included
  5. Autopilot
    Included
  6. Five Seat Interior
    Included
  7. 30-Day Premium Connectivity Trial
    Included
  • Purchase Price$61,990

The thread / post you linked to was in april of this year, and it was also a canadian website linked by the OP of that thread.

"aprils price is not todays price" /shrug.

Reactions: unibrowser
I'm in Indianapolis and ordered one yesterday that's going to Chicago. Immediately got a VIN and EDD of 9/5 - 9/15, so if you're jumping on one of these I suggest having your ducks in a row! Luckily we already had financing arranged as we were expecting an EV6 around this time, but we know very little else about Tesla and will now be stalking these forums and YouTube, haha!

Our longer story is that we pivoted to ordering a Model 3 and ID.4 when the EV6 kept getting delayed and became ineligible for the tax credit. Meanwhile, we're sharing cars with our recently licensed daughter, so when my wife and I saw a Tesla in inventory yesterday we said screw it! 🤣 Can't imagine we'll need more than 279 miles of range, so for us the 4680 doesn't seem like a huge compromise. I wouldn't call it a "value" in any sense of the word as it's still WAY more than we'd planned to spend, but we both agreed it's a dream car for us and we can afford it despite our general discomfort. So yeah, I'll keep you all posted!

Note that most of these vehicles are restricted to certain registration states. I tried to buy a Model Y that's destined for Columbus and it says "This car can only be registered in IN, KY, MI, OH, WV"
That's so interesting. As a newb to Tesla, is this standard practice with new variations? If not, any idea why they'd do this? Are they wanting to basically "field test" them in different climates, Superchargers, etc.? Or perhaps spread more MY to states with fewer registrations?

That's so interesting. As a newb to Tesla, is this standard practice with new variations? If not, any idea why they'd do this? Are they wanting to basically "field test" them in different climates, Superchargers, etc.? Or perhaps spread more MY to states with fewer registrations?
This is a recent change and also applies to other new Model 3/Y that pop up in the store. After this change vehicles tend to stay available a bit longer after they're listed. In my brief time tracking newly listed MYLRs, they tend to sell out in 5-15 minutes now instead of < 30 seconds.

I've been trying to get my hands on a MYLR as soon as I can so I've been checking every listing that pops up. Now I feel like I have a 1% chance of snagging one instead of a 0.01% chance just a couple weeks ago.

Edit: These standard range models seem to stay around much longer. Hours instead of minutes. My plan, if I manage to do it, is to snag an in-stock MYLR and transfer my current reservation/pricing to that VIN. With a SR trim I'd end up paying more for less car. Others are probably in the same boat.

Last edited:
Reactions: IndyGopher
This is a recent change and also applies to other new Model 3/Y that pop up in the store. After this change vehicles tend to stay available a bit longer after they're listed. In my brief time tracking newly listed MYLRs, they tend to sell out in 5-15 minutes now instead of < 30 seconds.

I've been trying to get my hands on a MYLR as soon as I can so I've been checking every listing that pops up. Now I feel like I have a 1% chance of snagging one instead of a 0.01% chance just a couple weeks ago.

Edit: These standard range models seem to stay around much longer. Hours instead of minutes. My plan, if I manage to do it, is to snag an in-stock MYLR and transfer my current reservation/pricing to that VIN. With a SR trim I'd end up paying more for less car. Others are probably in the same boat.

That’s because there are more than just one. According to my Tesla insider, some centers have up 8 or more. Try it. You could order 8+ to prove my theory lol.

That’s because there are more than just one. According to my Tesla insider, some centers have up 8 or more. Try it. You could order 8+ to prove my theory lol.

Wow, that's crazy! Hopefully others snatch them up and make a bit of room in the queue for my order. :)

My most common road trip is to an area of rural Iowa with little to no charging infrastructure. ABRP tells me I need the full MYLR range in the winter.

So I had ordered one of these and got a vin assigned last Friday. Just checked the app now the vin is gone from my order… also no estimated delivery range
Huh, I checked just now because of your comment and see that my VIN disappeared too, but I've still got an EDD of 9/5 - 9/15 in Lisle. Weird. I feel lucky to have scored one out of inventory and don't want to sound impatient, but I hope they're not having some slowdown in Austin or reallocating these elsewhere.

Huh, I checked just now because of your comment and see that my VIN disappeared too, but I've still got an EDD of 9/5 - 9/15 in Lisle. Weird. I feel lucky to have scored one out of inventory and don't want to sound impatient, but I hope they're not having some slowdown in Austin or reallocating these elsewhere.
Seems like you’re still in a better position having actual dates to look forward to. I now don’t have a vin or delivery range. I saved my MVPA before the vin went away though. SA told me it might be a glitch in the system and to wait a few days and see what happens

Reactions: IndyGopher