Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Range in Existing Inventory all over U.S.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe if they don’t separate out the $3000 increase it might cause them problems with all the other orders at 39,990? But yes, all SR that pop up in inventory will start at $42,990 before any options.

For Model 3, SR+ to LR is $9,000, for Model Y, it is now $8,000. $1,000 for Premium interior and fog lights.

Reactions: FinsToTheSouth
ugh..not happy with Tesla at the moment.. Man I really want to buy one..but the price increase without notice on the SR, now trying to reduce the originally quoted trade in value...I guess this process is easy if you have plenty of money. for the record, I an afford it, but it just seems stupid to me to pay 5k more for something between a 24-48hr period. Feels shady and like a bait and switch. Tesla will be just fine without me as a customer, but I sure was looking forward to owning one. Oh well..maybe I'll revisit them next year.

Not sure where you get $5k. The lowest base price was $39,990 (which I was lucky to get in on) and now it is $42,990. If you can afford the car, you won't regret it.
3k in price increase, and 2k less on trade in of what was originally presented. idk..I have the money..but why spend it? how much could I enjoy the car that everytime I got in it, I felt like I was taken for 5k. idk. I'm going to give the SA a chance to win my business. If he can't ,I'll walk away. Someone else will buy it, and everyone moves forward! sometimes things are not meant to be.

3k in price increase, and 2k less on trade in of what was originally presented. idk..I have the money..but why spend it? how much could I enjoy the car that everytime I got in it, I felt like I was taken for 5k. idk. I'm going to give the SA a chance to win my business. If he can't ,I'll walk away. Someone else will buy it, and everyone moves forward! sometimes things are not meant to be.
There is no no negotiation whatsoever when it comes to the increased price. Don’t waste your time with the SA. It’s a take it or leave it. Plenty of people will jump on buying even with the increased price(They’re gone in mins after being available in inventory). Tesla may/may not decrease price in the future- if they decrease price- that could be your chance to buy one then.

tbh, the experience is leaving a poor taste in my mouth. Tesla buyers are probably one of the most informed out there, yet the SA seem clueless. He even tried to tell me that the price was NEVER 39990.00. so I sent him multiple links and screenshots. smh regardless. you are right. someone will snatch it up, someone will be happy, and it is what it is. I'll likely cancel my order. Maybe this will be a good thing and I can get the new headlights if I wait!

Took delivery of my Model Y SR yesterday. I spent a few minutes looking around the car didn't reveal any noticeable issues. I was about to drive away when I stopped to snap a quick picture. As I was taking a picture, I noticed a small dent on the front, driver-side fender. Like a golf ball was dropped on the edge. Only noticeable in exactly the right light. I went inside and found a Tesla rep. He said I was under zero obligation to take delivery but noted "this is a MY SR....it may be months before you get your replacement". I decided to take delivery. He also assured me they could fix it in the shop and it wouldn't require the piece to be repainted, just a little bodywork. He then walked around the Y with me and pointed out a couple of panel gaps. Even after getting home and looking at them, I'm not entirely sure I'd qualify the gaps as issues/deficiencies.

I did ask the rep if the dent would have resulted in a declined delivery last week (because that's when I snagged it from existing inventory) and he was pretty certain that wasn't the case. He claimed it was already in transit. Overall, I'm quite pleased with the vehicle. I have a 2021 Model 3 SR+ that had zero problems, so seeing the dent definitely took some wind out of my sail but I'm confident they'll get it right.

I ended up cancelling my order. I"m almost certain they will return the price back down to 39,xxx.xx soon enough. more so when VW and MME become more available, and giga texas comes online.
You are hoping they return the price to $39,990 when they have already raised prices $1500 in the last 5 weeks on other MYs? And it will only go higher if the tax breaks come back. And you want all this on a car they have stopped selling and likely won't bring back? Good luck my friend, good luck.

Reactions: john85775
Hypothetically, if you guys had a chance to get an SRY for the original 39k price, would you jump on it?
Yes and I did. I know a lot of people say to purchase the "most range you can" but for someone like me who doesn't need range 95% of the time, it seems like an unnecessary premium of $10k+. I think an SRY for $39.9k is a screaming deal. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll become a collectable as well. A guy can wish, right?

yep..I would as well. I still think the price will come back down. I'm in no hurry and can wait it out. I think we will see them re-enter production as they seem to be going fast when they show up in inventory. They will also be a better competitor to ID4, MME, and the soon to be released Audi Q4 etron