Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Range in Existing Inventory all over U.S.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just snagged a model y 7 seater from new inventory for 45.5k white on black - seems pretty basic, with added seats. Wondering if I got a good deal and what I should look out for at delivery? Heated steering wheel? New console? Trim? Headlights?

Yes and I did. I know a lot of people say to purchase the "most range you can" but for someone like me who doesn't need range 95% of the time, it seems like an unnecessary premium of $10k+. I think an SRY for $39.9k is a screaming deal. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll become a collectable as well. A guy can wish, right?
It does also include another motor (and ability to add acceleration boost) so there’s that…

We just picked up our SR 7 seater on Monday and it has the updated console and heated steering wheel. It does not have the new headlights, which we expected.

545C5B50-FC53-4993-B519-8F5CDDDEBE52.jpeg

We live in a four season environment near the mountains. Sort of of the school of thought that if a vehicle can be ordered with AWD, you get the AWD.
I drove a Model SR for a few years here in the NE without any issues. Dare I say it, but it actually performed better in the snow than any FWD car I've owned, since there is no engine weight bias in the front.

Reactions: wackojacko