Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Range Model Y’s AVAILABLE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So how does that work? They jack their car up on stands for a week and take the wheels and tires off then send them to you and wait for you to send them Gemini wheels and tires? You giving them $2,000 to cover their extra cost? Doesn't sound like an even trade in my book. If I am going to pay the extra $2k I want the wheels that made the car cost more.
Some people don’t actually want the 20s. Cost of tires, more limited tire options, especially maybe for winter or all season options, softer ride, more forgiving (less damage?) on crappy roads, etc.

I have a winter set of wheels and tires I would probably toss on my car and ship mine to them and then they would ship to me… hopefully a member here that has a bit of an established history so I feel safer that they’re not just going to rip me off… but we could work something out so it was easy.

Some people don’t actually want the 20s. Cost of tires, more limited tire options, especially maybe for winter or all season options, softer ride, more forgiving (less damage?) on crappy roads, etc.

I have a winter set of wheels and tires I would probably toss on my car and ship mine to them and then they would ship to me… hopefully a member here that has a bit of an established history so I feel safer that they’re not just going to rip me off… but we could work something out so it was easy.
Um, buy the car as is. Order a set of 19s and tires online. Sell 20s and tires for what you paid for the 19s. You end up even in the deal. Not, $2k down.

Reactions: Big Earl
Um, buy the car as is. Order a set of 19s and tires online. Sell 20s and tires for what you paid for the 19s. You end up even in the deal. Not, $2k down.
Unless you can’t order the SR any more… or your sales center offers immediate delivery vs 3-11 weeks, or it was a demo vehicle. All I’m saying is there have been a number of posts here with people just wanting to trade wheels and I’m tossing it out there for someone and would make it as easy as possible.

Ok. Although getting a LR with Geminis isn’t going to be all that much more than a SR with Inductions and any other options it may have (white interior, 7 seats, etc) so still seems silly to me to deal with logistics of trading. But to each their own I guess.

I’ll been asked about helping find some SR Y’s for a few people. I’ll post them here, I’ve been seeing quite a few pop up (4 or so a day and they usually sell before they hit the regular listing sites. Here is one in Vegas now
Have you seen any more SRs? Looking for a 7 seater