Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Range Model Y Availability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

VivekDr

Not a real doctor
Jun 25, 2021
DC
Does anyone know any trick to get standard range model Y at this time?
I did call tesla they said I could order a long range and they would consider to change that if any SR becomes available. And most likely I would not be able to get one due to demand and scarce availability.
I want model y at the the sweet 40k price. I am not gonna wait for the gov to pull through and get the EV credits anytime this year😩.

Does anyone know any trick to get standard range model Y at this time?
I did call tesla they said I could order a long range and they would consider to change that if any SR becomes available. And most likely I would not be able to get one due to demand and scarce availability.
I want model y at the the sweet 40k price. I am not gonna wait for the gov to pull through and get the EV credits anytime this year😩.
It's not been possible to get one at 40k for months now unless you have an existing order at that price yet to be filled. The lowest price for an SR now is, I believe, 44k.

Reactions: VivekDr
Does anyone think it's still possible to get a new standard range model Y? Hoping to find one somehow but I feel like my chances are slim at this point.
Yes, SR demos are coming into inventory. I know someone who got one a couple of weeks ago but it had 3000 miles and was only discounted $500. There's rumor that Tesla will be introducing Y SR again with the LFP batteries (as being done now with M3s) in Q4 2021. I've driven both in length and I would save up for the dual motor - better handling, faster, and more planted feel than the SR. my two cents...

Yes, SR demos are coming into inventory. I know someone who got one a couple of weeks ago but it had 3000 miles and was only discounted $500. There's rumor that Tesla will be introducing Y SR again with the LFP batteries (as being done now with M3s) in Q4 2021. I've driven both in length and I would save up for the dual motor - better handling, faster, and more planted feel than the SR. my two cents...
thank you! That gives me hope. Been calling a few locations lately and hoping to get lucky but was feeling dejected. Fingers crossed more will come soon!

thanks! I just started using tesla-info last night. If it's demo models, can we purchase online or would we need to call the store that has it?
It's like any other new vehicle purchase. Submit your $250 order fee, etc. If you do get one, really make sure you do a full walk through. That person who got one a couple of weeks ago had two deep scratches on the front bumper, hand prints on the roof liner, and wear/tear on the rubber seals. Tesla serviced everything, but only because he called them out on it.

It's like any other new vehicle purchase. Submit your $250 order fee, etc. If you do get one, really make sure you do a full walk through. That person who got one a couple of weeks ago had two deep scratches on the front bumper, hand prints on the roof liner, and wear/tear on the rubber seals. Tesla serviced everything, but only because he called them out on it.
Makes sense and will do. Thanks so much!

Reactions: hcdavis3
If they do bring it back, I say jump on it. I don’t see how the LR is worth the extra 10k or so. If you’re in Southern California, do not worry about the range anxiety, there are plenty of chargers.

Both of my Tesla’s are SR(Model 3 SR+ and a SRMY) and they have never caused me to have “range anxiety.” Now if you lived in the middle of nowhere USA, then yeah, sure? But the SRMY is a fantastic car. I have zero regrets picking one up when they were still selling them.

If they do bring it back, I say jump on it. I don’t see how the LR is worth the extra 10k or so. If you’re in Southern California, do not worry about the range anxiety, there are plenty of chargers.

Both of my Tesla’s are SR(Model 3 SR+ and a SRMY) and they have never caused me to have “range anxiety.” Now if you lived in the middle of nowhere USA, then yeah, sure? But the SRMY is a fantastic car. I have zero regrets picking one up when they were still selling them.
I'm in SoCal, near LA. That's why I'm hoping to find a SR somehow. Just wish I had gotten one earlier when they were more available. I'm even willing to go out of state to pick one up but hoping to grab one eventually at this point

Reactions: RedWhite19
While rumors do show a LFP-battery equipped MY SR coming soon in Q4, my SA who is a die-hard Teslarati says Tesla struggles to keep up with the MYLR that is more profitable, he doubts they'll do a cheaper (i.e. less profitable) MY SR when there is already a 4-5 month backlog....of course purely speculation