Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Range Model Y Currently Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait, what? How are you "seeing" the new door panels? This is the first I'm hearing about it and if this were a non-SR thread, this would be blowing up!
I was looking through the option coding and there appears to have been a change on the Model Y interior decor and it now has a change from a 0 to a 1 which matches the Chinese interior decor. I could be wrong but it changed around the 15th of this month. I see it on the model 3 config but I don’t follow the 3 at all to know when that changed. I didn’t look at enough cars to get an exact day but it changed.

Reactions: hawaiiuser
Thanks for the info! How long ago was this? :) Just wondering if those same SRs might still be inbound.
About a week and a half ago. They did have a couple of white SRs there that I had the choice to select from but I really wanted black so I was glad to get that. I did have them check for black/black but all incoming SRs were white, no other colors.

My order is on hold. MYSR blue with tow. I’ll hit the button “I’m ready” in end-July
Were you also able to lock in before price increase? I am in similar boat as i hit I m ready in May end. Tesla used some tactics to convince me they are not producing these anymore and i have to either switch to LR or cancel. I am holding firm saying i will wait. Let see, believe its their profit margin on these, some reason they don't want to deliver

I haven't gotten any texts like that. Although my SA is completely oblivious to anything that isn't a sale happening in front of him at that exact moment, so no surprise there. I have a theory they're just trying to get as many people into taking high-margin vehicles before EOQ as possible.
Yes i am going to hold ground on getting my order fulfilled, maybe they run another batch in July, lets see..

I'm rooting for everyone in this tiny thread!

I wasn't intending on picking up a MY until I saw a friends one and got extremely lucky on an inventory SR in early May. It truly is a good option for a lot of people who don't need the AWD or extra range. I live on an island with a 12 mile roundtrip commute to work and fit the use case for the SR perfectly. Plus, it feels so nice saving an $8k difference!

Reactions: acebrigade
Were you also able to lock in before price increase? I am in similar boat as i hit I m ready in May end. Tesla used some tactics to convince me they are not producing these anymore and i have to either switch to LR or cancel. I am holding firm saying i will wait. Let see, believe its their profit margin on these, some reason they don't want to deliver
My delivery location is telling me the same. My order was for LRRWD originally so if I get told no twice im going to be pretty upset. My model 3 was totaled almost a year ago so if they do this to me again I guess I jsut wont be replacing it with another Tesla.

I also have a really low RN number for CT dual motor, im guessing thats not going to end up being 50k at this point.

I ended up snagging an new MYSR VIN that nearly perfectly matched my config from inventory and getting it assigned to my existing 39k order. Tesla spooked me with the "never building the SR again" messaging, and my 2002 Impreza is starting to get some serious issues. Pair that with the rising gas prices and it seemed like the perfect time.
Congrats! I know you were worried about it. But glad Tesla did the right thing. And I’m also glad you didn’t fold and got pressured into a LR!

I ended up snagging an new MYSR VIN that nearly perfectly matched my config from inventory and getting it assigned to my existing 39k order. Tesla spooked me with the "never building the SR again" messaging, and my 2002 Impreza is starting to get some serious issues. Pair that with the rising gas prices and it seemed like the perfect time.
How far was the one in inventory from your delivery center? Does it not matter and theyll send anything out there to your location?

I'm in Seattle, it's in SF. So, not too far, and probably very easy to stick it on one of the many Tesla transport trucks going from the bay area to Seattle.
Could you share how you "snagged" an inventory vehicle to match with your existing order? Did you have to call someone to do that or did you place another order then get them to adjust the pricing after?

The latter. I watched inventory until one popped up. Ordered, called in, they matched it onto my existing order from Feb. I ate the $100 order cost.
Are you picking up in SF? They were not allowing any deliveries this close to end of quarter. Also, I avoided any CA inventory vehicles because you have to pay CA sales tax regardless if you're an out of state buyer.