Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Range MY now available to order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah this is a bummer. Specifically the car Elon said they didn't want to make (and the car I don't want to buy). I'll wait another month or so and then decide. I really want the one in the middle, Long Range RWD. I would think that would be a popular one and they would make more profit on it.

Also will kill profit for the LR AWD... A standard RWD for $7k cheaper is more appealing to people who is trying to get in to a cheaper electric smaller SUV. I already know a couple of people that just changed their order from a standard 3 to a standard Y.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanCar
Yeah this is a bummer. Specifically the car Elon said they didn't want to make (and the car I don't want to buy). I'll wait another month or so and then decide. I really want the one in the middle, Long Range RWD.

My guess is that they are still cell constrained, so by offering a smaller battery in the Standard Range RWD Model Y they can take more advantage of their production capacity and make more total cars. (The same reason they previously offered the MR Model 3.)