TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Standard Rear License Plate Frame

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by malciv, Aug 18, 2018.

1. malciv

malciv Member

What does the rear license plate holder that comes with the Model 3 look like? I'm considering buying this one from the Tesla shops if the standard one is a plastic piece of junk.

1096845-00-A_0.jpg

2. Remonster

Remonster Member

The ring you have pictured is the one my Model 3 came with. See Avatar.

Edit: If you buy a dual motor the text will read Dual Motor instead of Model 3 iirc.

• Informative x 1
  3. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

That’s the fame that comes with the car. Don’t need to buy.

• Like x 1
  4. malciv

malciv Member

Thank you!

5. TravMor

TravMor Member

Mine came with it too. I was wondering why they were selling them online if they were including them with the car for free. Weird.

6. SDKoala

SDKoala RWD LR

For replacements? To make money off people who buy things before taking delivery of their car? To get rid of excess license frame stock since there should have been so many more Model 3s produced by now? ;)

7. Kermee

Kermee It's Not Easy Being Green

I'm putting on my wife's alma mater plate frame on the rear plate so I'll have an extra one too. Might as well dump them online if people really want them... ;)

8. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

I bought the one off the website before it was popular knowledge that they give you one with the car. Now I have a spare that I don’t know what to do with. My local service center can’t accept returns of orders placed through Tesla’s online store and there is no way I’m even bothering trying to reach out to the online store to do a return as they are the worst part of the entire Tesla organization.