Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard safety features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to decide on a bare bones configuration vs. first release.
Haven't been able to find out anywhere what safety features will be available standard in the base model. I'm specifically interested in whether features such as: blind spot warning, Lane departure warning or auto emergency braking will be built into the non Autopilot models.
Does anyone have clarification on this issue?

Safety

• Full LED exterior lighting
  • Eight cameras, forward radar and twelve ultrasonic sensors enabling active safety technologies including collision avoidance and automatic emergency braking
  • Six front row and two side curtain airbags
  • Three-point safety belts with belt-reminders for driver and four passengers
  • Two LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) attachments in second row
  • Electronic stability and traction control
  • Four-wheel antilock disc brakes with electronic parking brake
  • Child safety locks
  • Anti-theft alarm system
  • Tire pressure monitoring system

• Informative
Reactions: internalaudit
Nothing about blind spot.
All Teslas come with the ultrasonics
aftuVU5.png

Can't imagine there's any way Tessa customer service would have the capacity to answer specific questions at the moment given the half million model 3 customers with questions at this point.
It was answered at launch last year.

Certainly the hardware is built in, what's not clear is what features using the hardware are "turned on" in the base configuration.
All the safety features.
Check the Model S manual
https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_s_owners_manual_north_america_en_us.pdf
pg 83-88

More details when they publish the Model 3 manual online... we know there already is a manual in print.

For the most part, posting in this forum to try and get information goes like this:

1. Post a question
2. Get responses that either tell you that your question is invalid, that you shouldn't own a Tesla, or that if Elon thought you should have it you would have it.
3. Go back and reiterate that your question is important to you, and why
4. Hope for the best

Look - I own a Model S. I have what they call blind spot monitoring. It is a substandard joke (insert the obligatory "I love my car but...).

At least on the S you have it right in front of you on a dash readout. Imagine having to look at the center mounted monitor every time you want to change lanes?

I dont need another person to link me to how to set your mirrors so that you don't need BSM. I don't need another person to explain how busy Tesla is right now. It would just be great to know how it works, and at what trim level.

Thanks.

For the most part, posting in this forum to try and get information goes like this:

1. Post a question
2. Get responses that either tell you that your question is invalid, that you shouldn't own a Tesla, or that if Elon thought you should have it you would have it.
3. Go back and reiterate that your question is important to you, and why
4. Hope for the best

Look - I own a Model S. I have what they call blind spot monitoring. It is a substandard joke (insert the obligatory "I love my car but...).

At least on the S you have it right in front of you on a dash readout. Imagine having to look at the center mounted monitor every time you want to change lanes?

I dont need another person to link me to how to set your mirrors so that you don't need BSM. I don't need another person to explain how busy Tesla is right now. It would just be great to know how it works, and at what trim level.

Thanks.

The question was answered.

Secondly, regardless if it's in front of you behind your wheel or slightly to the side of you, you should still check mirrors an over the shoulder check every time. If you check on the center screen right near your right hand and there's a warning then you don't even need to do the other checks.

You can see the system working in any of the test ride videos from the other night.

Tesla lists standard safety autopilot features here
  • Automatic Emergency Braking
  • Side Collision Warning
  • Front Collision Warning
  • Auto High Beams
Not a full list since there are non-AP safety features (airbags, seatbelts, etc) but I'd imagine they'd include blind spot in this list if it was there.

Reactions: msabadish