TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Standard suspension - New springs?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Meringdal, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Meringdal

Meringdal New Member

Hello. I wondered if anyone has lowered their Model S yet, with new springs?

I´ve talked with H&R in Germany, and they are still testing out new springs for this car. Has anyone found someone selling aftermarked springs which loweres the car a bit?

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

3. rtz

rtz Member

4. QwiksilverA4

QwiksilverA4 Member

problem is they dont have a set from us to give them. they need 11 points of data to process them.

5. 3mp_kwh

3mp_kwh Member

Find a machine shop that will cut a precise additional strut grove(s) about 1.25" lower (in back, 1" in front), and use the same springs. If you do this, just be aware that the vertical travel of the suspension will stay the same when you fill the car with stuff. In other words, weight capacity goes (probably ~150lbs) down. The after-market coils may factor this in, and either be a higher spring rate or be progressive.

6. QwiksilverA4

QwiksilverA4 Member

Where would one find the "C" clamps to go around the grooves.

7. 3mp_kwh

3mp_kwh Member

You would use the existing "circlip", that is already clinging to the strut body (just move it down). Bilstein, in Poway, CA, does the groove service, but only for after-market shocks. I don't mean to make it sound like all machine shops can, or will, do this. Many don't like getting into limited piece work jobs, which is why "a friend" helps.

8. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

You want to lower the MS? Isn't low enough? I'm having a hard time going over bumps our out of parking lot with angle ramp as it is....

9. QwiksilverA4

QwiksilverA4 Member

my car is high as hell!