Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard suspension - New springs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. I wondered if anyone has lowered their Model S yet, with new springs?

I´ve talked with H&R in Germany, and they are still testing out new springs for this car. Has anyone found someone selling aftermarked springs which loweres the car a bit?

Find a machine shop that will cut a precise additional strut grove(s) about 1.25" lower (in back, 1" in front), and use the same springs. If you do this, just be aware that the vertical travel of the suspension will stay the same when you fill the car with stuff. In other words, weight capacity goes (probably ~150lbs) down. The after-market coils may factor this in, and either be a higher spring rate or be progressive.

You would use the existing "circlip", that is already clinging to the strut body (just move it down). Bilstein, in Poway, CA, does the groove service, but only for after-market shocks. I don't mean to make it sound like all machine shops can, or will, do this. Many don't like getting into limited piece work jobs, which is why "a friend" helps.

Hello. I wondered if anyone has lowered their Model S yet, with new springs?

I´ve talked with H&R in Germany, and they are still testing out new springs for this car. Has anyone found someone selling aftermarked springs which loweres the car a bit?
You want to lower the MS? Isn't low enough? I'm having a hard time going over bumps our out of parking lot with angle ramp as it is....