TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Stange things afoot with the "brain"

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Hitman007, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Hitman007

Hitman007 Member

There is a post on here about the fellow whose instrument panel seemed dead and he could not energize the car. I had something also strange for the first time today and its not temperature because its still 92 here in Florida. Got in the X after lunch and hit the brake as usual to shut my driver door and start the X. The door did close but my dashboard was completely black. I tapped the break again to power up and still nothing. At this point I am trying to google the dashboard reset procedure on my phone and suddenly a Tesla logo appears on the dashboard and then everything comes to life as normal. I will update if it happens again.

2. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Member

This happens from time to time. I've had the touchscreen reboot itself maybe 1-2 times since I took delivery and had to reset it manually another 3-4 times.

• Like x 1
  3. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Any chance it was coming from an update?