Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Star Trek: Picard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow - 7 of 9 !!
Not only her, but apparently, there will be some appearances by Marina Sirtis, Jonathan Frakes, and Jonathan Del Arco (Hugh). And, Data's in it!
Were you at Comic Con ?
No. I don't go to those, normally. One of my FB friends posted about how TERRIBLE the experience was for her as an attendee due to the lines (standing in lines to wait in more lines) and waiting. Also, she felt it was overpriced. She said that she was never #%#%^ doing this again.

The only one I've gone to was Emerald City Comic Con years ago. Shatner (and I think some other Trek actors separately) was up on stage and was cool to see Bruce Boxleitner (aka Captain Sheridan of B5).

I was at last year's MASSIVE Star Trek convention in Vegas (2nd time attending that one). Was in the room when Patrick Stewart come out on stage as a total surprise. Stewart wasn't anywhere on the roster so we never expected him to show up on stage when Alex Kurzman said he had a friend to come out and it explain it better.

The next Vegas convention is in a few weeks: Star Trek Vegas 2019. The guest list is huge: Star Trek Vegas 2019. There are no massive lines if you just want to listen to the actors up on stage. You will have to line up of you want an autograph or photo with the actors. And yes, the notable ones charge $, some quite a bit.

Last edited:
I was at last year's MASSIVE Star Trek convention in Vegas (2nd time attending that one). Was in the room when Patrick Stewart come out on stage as a total surprise. Stewart wasn't anywhere on the roster so we never expected him to show up on stage when Alex Kurzman said he had a friend to come out and it explain it better.

Wow - that is so cool !!! I've only seen Jonathan Frakes, William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy and Walter Koenig in person. Was usually working the comic booth.

Creation Entertainment was the guest list for last year. I skipped at least one of the days though.

On a year that I went to the Vegas con before, IIRC Shatner and Stewart were on stage together, besides their separate appearances. I believe it was 2011: Star Trek 2010 Las Vegas Convention Photos.
I checked my pictures and I did in fact go to the 2011 Vegas convention. List of actors at Star Trek Las Vegas - The World's Largest Star Trek Convention - Creation Entertainment. Besides Shatner and Stewart, in another session, both Sulus were on stage together (George Takei and John Cho). Wow! It was John Cho's first appearance at at convention.

Also, that year, it was Leonard Nimoy's last year doing conventions. IIRC, he did one more convention that year and that was the end before he passed away. Overall, the Vegas conventions are amazing in terms of the # of actors on stage. (Ages ago, it was the Pasadena one that was the big one but somehow, that died in terms of attendee interest. I attended one in Pasadena that had ALL of the Voyager cast minus Janeway + Brent Spiner + Jeff Goldblum (to promote Independence Day along with a nice long clip) + Majel Barrett + some other folks.)

Decades ago, I went to a convention in the Bay Area (might've been San Mateo) when TNG was still airing on TV. Shatner and Nimoy were on stage together. Wow.

Shatner knows how to play the audience. Someone asked Shatner about TNG and Shatner feigned ignorance: "what's TNG?"

I checked my pictures and I did in fact go to the 2011 Vegas convention. List of actors at Star Trek Las Vegas - The World's Largest Star Trek Convention - Creation Entertainment. Besides Shatner and Stewart, in another session, both Sulus were on stage together (George Takei and John Cho). Wow! It was John Cho's first appearance at at convention.

That must have been cool to see both Sulus on the stage together. Closest I got to a Vegas Star Trek con was the Star Trek experience at the Vegas Hilton.

Anybody remember the SNL with Belushi as Kirk/Shatner and Chevy Chase as Spock/Nimoy ?