Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Star Trek: Picard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of new series out, here's an example on how it's supposed to be done.

Altered Carbon. I can't believe how well it's designed to draw you in. I literally find myself watching one more episode when I don't even want to. The first season left me feeling all kinds of weird but I sure couldn't stop thinking about it for a good while after it ended.

It's not Star Trek but it's very sci-fi. It's on Netflix.
Question: Can I enjoy season 2 without watching season 1?

Question: Can I enjoy season 2 without watching season 1?

Hard to say, there are a lot of references to things that happened in season 1.

Currently I am at episode 7 of season 2. I think there was sort of a recap but if you start with this, there will be a lot of questions and hard to understand things.

I'd give it a shot to start with season 1. Personally I liked the main characters more than the ones in season 2.

• Disagree
Reactions: PhilDavid
Anyone watch episode 7 of Picard ? I didn't think I was sleepy, but had a hard time staying awake again.
I did. Overall plot density for that ep was on the lower side but I loved seeing Picard, Riker and Troi together. I agree the sentiment expressed at Star Trek: Picard - S1E7 "Nepenthe" (Spoilers).

The pacing of this show is WAY slower than "Disco". At least nobody can accuse the shows of being the same...

You know what's crazy? I recently joined a couple Picard show Facebook groups and in one post (Star Trek Picard: The Unofficial Fan Group), someone (rightfully) complains about the slow pace but yet someone who hates Disco says "Discovery is excruciatingly slow." :eek::rolleyes: Wow. That's crazy talk. I've seen all eps of both, so far.

Last edited:
EP 8 - What a sleeper...

So sad about this. It could have been a great show. Surely at some points the cast was reading the script and went like "that's all that's going to happen in an episode?". Sad that it all comes down to money and anyone can be bought to do whatever. I can't imagine Sir Patrick Stewart agreeing to the pacing or the general idea of this series.

• Disagree
Reactions: PhilDavid
Finale was pretty good. I'll leave it at that for now because any comments would spoil.

Early conclusions on the season (which could change after others comments):

1. The primary story arc was fabulous but this version of Star Trek was unable to maximize how good it could have been.

2. The individual actors were solid but the sum of the parts didn't add up to what it should have.

3. This is simply a unique version of Star Trek and doesn't fit the mold of what Trekkies like me expect. In retrospect, I would have enjoyed it more if I had dropped the expectation things would "ramp up" and just accepted the show for what it was.

4 Season 2 will be the final season because, with all due respect, Patrick Stewart is running on fumes IMO. He did very well considering his age.

5. There won't be any spin-offs from Picard because nobody else on it is a legit lead actor/actress.

Very curious to read other opinions here.

Finale was pretty good. I'll leave it at that for now because any comments would spoil.

Early conclusions on the season (which could change after others comments):

1. The primary story arc was fabulous but this version of Star Trek was unable to maximize how good it could have been.

2. The individual actors were solid but the sum of the parts didn't add up to what it should have.

3. This is simply a unique version of Star Trek and doesn't fit the mold of what Trekkies like me expect. In retrospect, I would have enjoyed it more if I had dropped the expectation things would "ramp up" and just accepted the show for what it was.

4 Season 2 will be the final season because, with all due respect, Patrick Stewart is running on fumes IMO. He did very well considering his age.

5. There won't be any spin-offs from Picard because nobody else on it is a legit lead actor/actress.

Very curious to read other opinions here.
Generally, my view as well.