Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stardew Valley Crashing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, I was concerned that it was a symptom of something more serious so I scheduled an appointment (expecting an over the air diagnosis/fix) They did look at it over the air, asked for timestamps of when it was happening, then made it much better (not gone) by "clearing some of the cache"

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
Yup, I was concerned that it was a symptom of something more serious so I scheduled an appointment (expecting an over the air diagnosis/fix) They did look at it over the air, asked for timestamps of when it was happening, then made it much better (not gone) by "clearing some of the cache"

yeah i figured it might be a cache issue since me and the kids have put in a lot of time on the farm (all animals, auto-pickers, greenhouse, bus, 140k of cash, etc) lol

It’s been freezing in the mines for me. Just as you enter a ladder it will freeze, it’s getting g to the point that I might stop playing. It wastes the entire sdv ’day’, which could be 20 minutes and when you savagely kill in the mines and it freezes at 1230am it is brutal. Is there any fix at all for this?

I haven't had these issues, but one odd thing is that when I go into the secret garden to farm hardwood, often I'll switch between hoe (worms), axe, and sword. Twice now I've frozen holding the hoe, leaving me taking a pummeling from the little slime balls. If I don't X out, I die. But, also oddly, if I X out and reenter, nothing is lost.

It’s been freezing in the mines for me. Just as you enter a ladder it will freeze, it’s getting g to the point that I might stop playing. It wastes the entire sdv ’day’, which could be 20 minutes and when you savagely kill in the mines and it freezes at 1230am it is brutal. Is there any fix at all for this?

aha! I’ve started experiencing this. Specifically, trying to enter level 97 of the mines. Is your crash at a particular level?

it crashes so hard I have to X out, and whatever music is playing keeps going over anything else... radio... streaming.... YouTube.... I have To reboot to get playing again.

it’s a bummer not being able to go lower... I want iridium!

aha! I’ve started experiencing this. Specifically, trying to enter level 97 of the mines. Is your crash at a particular level?

it crashes so hard I have to X out, and whatever music is playing keeps going over anything else... radio... streaming.... YouTube.... I have To reboot to get playing again.

it’s a bummer not being able to go lower... I want iridium!

It was floor 97recently 3 tries in a row and a few other random floors. Now it’s 98 going into 99... just noted this freeze happened at exactly 1200am. I was good from 9am until 1200am and I started at floor 85 with no issues. It’s a o annoying to do well and have to lose a days labor. I swear I’m not gonna stay in the mine after 1100pm. I don’t think the calico desert mine has done this... much more difficult though.

you guys are all like "yeah, i'm on level brazilion in stardew" and i'm over here like, "why is there a mailbox?"

lol I threw my TV away the first day. I think I learned about the need for it in the library in year 2. Then I bought one from robin and it immediately disappeared when trying to set it in a good spot. I blew the next one up after making the mistake of entering the house with the small red one. Third one also disappeared when arranging it for the first time. Fourth (plasma tv) has been rock solid for a while.

The mines are still fu;:8ing up. Recently, moving from floor 1 down to 2 froze on the ladder. Like Puddles said the music continues after exiting the game and arcade. Requires reset and it's like Groundhog Day. I think there is just way too much data and the mines may require a bunch of data that the regular SDV Map doesn't need to create on the spot. The mines are randomized.

*I know nothing about software or computers just my theory. I never pinpointed a cause at all. I've read about the way the mines work, totally random, never the same ladder location etc... so possibly when entering a ladder, the game must randomize the next floor at that very moment which might be hard on things that I know nothing about. Computer overload? Bugs? Idk?

If it happens. Just quit going to the mines. Trust me. Just go to the calico desert mines.

lol I threw my TV away the first day. I think I learned about the need for it in the library in year 2. Then I bought one from robin and it immediately disappeared when trying to set it in a good spot. I blew the next one up after making the mistake of entering the house with the small red one. Third one also disappeared when arranging it for the first time. Fourth (plasma tv) has been rock solid for a while.

The mines are still fu;:8ing up. Recently, moving from floor 1 down to 2 froze on the ladder. Like Puddles said the music continues after exiting the game and arcade. Requires reset and it's like Groundhog Day. I think there is just way too much data and the mines may require a bunch of data that the regular SDV Map doesn't need to create on the spot. The mines are randomized.

*I know nothing about software or computers just my theory. I never pinpointed a cause at all. I've read about the way the mines work, totally random, never the same ladder location etc... so possibly when entering a ladder, the game must randomize the next floor at that very moment which might be hard on things that I know nothing about. Computer overload? Bugs? Idk?

If it happens. Just quit going to the mines. Trust me. Just go to the calico desert mines.
i have no idea if you're talking about the game or real life.

Love this....Lol

Same here. Freezing in the mines. I no longer go which sucks because there are so many great things about it. Almost not worth playing the game. Anyone know if Tesla is working on this? I called Concerned Ape and they said only Tesla can address it.

Same here. Freezing in the mines. I no longer go which sucks because there are so many great things about it. Almost not worth playing the game. Anyone know if Tesla is working on this? I called Concerned Ape and they said only Tesla can address it.

I kinda doubt Tesla feels like throwing its immense programming weight behind a full assault on making Stardew Valley bulletproof. I wonder if this was a special Linux port just for Tesla, or if you can play SV on your Linux box at home.

My kids and I started playing Stardew Valley in my wife's model 3 and I have to say it's far more engaging than I thought it would be. But once we made it to level 50 in the mines, the game would freeze every time we would try to take the ladder to level 51. It didn't matter what we did before going to the ladder, whether we got to level 50 in the elevator or by going down level by level from level 45, or what we had in our inventory. Same result over and over again. We even tried playing a new character for a bit and going back to the original character. But the game still froze right when we tried to go down the ladder from level 50. Just before I was about to give up and wait for a software update, I decided to try one more thing after the kids went to bed. I went to level 50 using the elevator and crafted a staircase on the opposite side of the level from the original ladder and then went down the new staircase. To my great surprise, that fixed the issue!

I also noticed that all the forage items were in exactly the same place every time we re-started from the saved game so my best guess is that the ladders in the mines are also randomly spawned right before the game is saved each night and sometimes they end up in a position that causes the game to crash when you attempt to climb down them. Crafting a staircase and putting it in a different location seemed to undo whatever caused the freeze. Hopefully this works for anyone else that is having the game freeze when they go down a ladder in the mine. At least until a software update fixes the bug.

Reactions: Puddles
This is what happens to me...I attached a picture. When I click on those 3 weird looking wiggling worms right next to the guy, game locks up as shown
20200423_122044.jpg
. Any ideas? What are those things? Worms?

Is anyone else having problems with Stardew Valley crashing mid-game. Initially started for me during mining but is now a more frequent occurrence. Need fo reset/reboot Tesla display to restart the game.

Yep, those are worms. You get foragables of varying value from hoeing them. As I mentioned, I seemed to have more trouble with freezing when holding the hoe. I've switched over to the iPad version, so I haven't played in the car for a while.

Got pretty into this game with my 6 year old, but now it crashes 100% of the time when either fishing or when near an enemy in Skull Cavern, which makes it pretty much impossible to get iridium ore.

I cleared my navigation history and any other data I could but it didn’t help. It’s cool that Tesla included the game but pretty frustrating that there seems to be an upper limit on how far you can progress before the game becomes unplayable.