TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Starlight Headliner Installed in Tesla

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by musicious, Mar 28, 2016.

1. musicious

musicious Member

My Dad just got this Starlight Headliner installed on his Tesla in Florida (Boca raton area) for about $3.5K, apparently Rolls Royce sells it for $12K! Anyone know a place around Chicago that I can have install it for me? :)

Under the stars

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  2. studiojon

studiojon Member

Unfortunately, looking at that picture, it's obvious why the Rolls one is $12k. Trust me. Go look up a pic of it and compare. That's all i should need to say. Chalk and cheese.

3. Vince Cobelo

Vince Cobelo Member

Yea...the RR starlight is actual fiber optic cables installed in the headliner. This looks projected. No offense but I think your Dad got taken on this one.

4. musicious

musicious Member

He sent videos of them installing on his tesla headliner, they did use fiber optic cables but maybe just larger ones and not as many as RR or in any specific pattern

5. studiojon

studiojon Member

The Rolls headliner has 1340 fiber lights. You can customize the pattern if you like..... It is threaded by hand and takes over 17 hours to do. FYI. Absolutely worth 12,995 if you want it in a $400k car when all is said and done.

For my money there are many other things the Rolls has which I would choose to put on the Tesla before the headliner. Actually from an interior perspective I would like to have almost everything from the Rolls EXCEPT the lighted headliner.

But to each his own.

And no I don't own the Rolls - although I have ridden in several many times. And I would rather have an S, an X and a 3 than one Rolls.

6. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

Pretty cool. Pretty expensive too. For the Rolls price, you would think you could just pave the headliner with LCD screens and display whatever you want up there.

7. studiojon

studiojon Member

Yeah that would be awesome. Then we could put a camera on the roof and put up a picture of the sky......

Oh wait - I already have a Pano roof - I can just look up and even open it!!