Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Start button on app

Artiste

Jun 17, 2019
Lancashire
I see that on the phone app as well as an “unlock” button there is a “start” button. Does this mean that I could remotely unlock and start my car so someone else can drive it when I’m nowhere near it?

NorfolkMustard

Apr 18, 2019
M3P w/FSD
Yep. There are a couple of Bjørn Nyland YouTube videos, where he’s helped people by charging their car for them. They unlock and start it from abroad and he drives it to a charger

Reactions: Alset2go

Alset2go

Mar 21, 2019
Oxfordshire , UK
I see that on the phone app as well as an “unlock” button there is a “start” button. Does this mean that I could remotely unlock and start my car so someone else can drive it when I’m nowhere near it?

yes......Back in July I did not do that but I was in Scotland on vacation in my other car and had left my prescription sunglasses in the Model S at home in England..My neighbour was kind enough to stand by the car as I unlocked it ,got my glasses and posted them to me.

I heard the car unlock instantly as I hit the button.

• Love
Reactions: Watts_Up and Roy W.

Roy W.

Battery running low...
Jun 3, 2019
Derby, UK
yes......Back in July I did not do that but I was in Scotland on vacation in my other car and had left my prescription sunglasses in the Model S at home in England..My neighbour was kind enough to stand by the car as I unlocked it ,got my glasses and posted them to me.

I heard the car unlock instantly as I hit the button.
It’s a wonder you could see the button... :cool:

• Funny
Reactions: Alset2go

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC