TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Start car with app?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Stimyg, May 15, 2015.

1. Stimyg

Stimyg Member

Is this possible? I know there was news about it last year but I don't see the functionality...? I'm on an iPhone.

2. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Under the Controls tab, look in the upper righthand corner for "Start".

3. travwill

travwill Member

Just be aware, saw on here somewhere that if you start with app it limits the amount of time the car will run/remain started - e.g. like 2 minutes.

4. BlkCld

BlkCld Member

Just used this to move car into garage that was parked outside. Key was in the house phone was in my pocket. This works great being too lazy to go into the house to get the key at the time.

5. Spacela

Spacela Member

The amount of time the car will run isn't limited. However, you have to 'start' the car within two minutes of activating keyless driving, or you have to reenter your MyTesla Password again.

6. A.G.

A.G. Member

No, this is incorrect, the car gives you 2 minutes to drive away. The amount of driving is unlimited.

7. TES-E

TES-E Member

That was a bad post... I saw it too. You have to start the car within 2 minutes as others have said. I have driven mine well over an hour started this way.