TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Start the software upgrade immediately

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by dbhajek, Sep 23, 2016.

1. dbhajek

dbhajek Member

If the software upgrade is set for tonight but want to start it immediately how do I do that?

Thanks

2. chillaban

chillaban Member

Tap the alarm clock again and choose Install Now. That should start a 2 minute countdown.

3. dbhajek

dbhajek Member

Thanks

4. Footbag

Footbag Member

And then tap on the countdown clock repeatedly (5 or so times) and it will jump from ~2 minutes to a few seconds remaining, so the update will start immediately.

5. soooma

soooma Member

Done it and i feel it's better, however take me with a grain of salt as i had 7.1 for one day :)

6. soooma

soooma Member

Took more than 1 hour to get done and car was completely dead!!

7. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Of course it was. That's why the updates default to installing during the middle of the night. No matter how many times and how many ways people are told you can't use the car while its updating some people are still surprised at this-- like the clueless owner who thought he'd update while supercharging. You don't try to use your computer or smartphone while the operating system is updating, do you?

8. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Member

IME it also pauses charging during that time, so I set upgrades to install at, say, 10:30 PM so that my (scheduled, off-peak) charging begins at 1AM, as normal, rather than me waking up to find that the car had an hour or two less charge than normal :(