Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starting Summon Before Exiting the Vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to the owners manual:

When you're in park and all doors are closed, you're supposed to be able to double tap "park" and it will bring up a pop up on the screen for you to choose 'forward" or "reverse". After selecting your choice and exiting the car, it will initiate basic summon in that direction.

When I double tap "park" nothing happens. I have Model 3 MR, HW 2.5. Service center suggested that it's only available on M3s with HW3, but he didn't make it sound official.

Can anybody verify that they have this feature with HW 2.5? (I have made sure continuous press is "OFF/NO")

Thanks

I have HW 2.5 and also cant get this to work. I had a mobile tech come out to look at it and he was unaware the feature even existed. He did a technician reboot (disconnected the battery and pressed something beneath the rear passenger seat). That didn't help. He said he would look into the issue further but hasn't got back to me .

I have HW 2.5 and also cant get this to work. I had a mobile tech come out to look at it and he was unaware the feature even existed. He did a technician reboot (disconnected the battery and pressed something beneath the rear passenger seat). That didn't help. He said he would look into the issue further but hasn't got back to me .

I believe I read here that this feature was removed a few software updates ago this year. Probably a bug but since it is used so infrequently that very few people will bug report it.