Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starting to deliver Production P90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your RN # is also in the URL as a query string parameter

For people not familiar with HTTP requests... look at the URL in your browser, it should say "https://www.teslamotors.com/mytesla/profile?rn=" and then the RN.

Thanks for the hint, Peter, I totally missed that!

Incidentally, both the RN and the VIN (if one is assigned) are mentioned in several places in the source, for example in JSON:

{"country":"US","model":"mx","rn":"RNxxxxxx","vin":"","invoice_flag":false,"locale":"en_US","uid":"933xxxxx","allowed_file_extensions":

And later in a form: (Have to reformat that so the formatting doesn't destroy this - obviously [ is < and ] is >).

[input type="hidden" name="pickup_location_options" value="" /]
[input type="hidden" name="rn" value="RNxxxxxx" /]
[input type="hidden" name="vin" value="" /]

Btw - I reserved a 90D, I don't have a VIN yet, just this new layout without the RN and with the delivery sequence text.

Once I pick it up I will take it to my detailer which is six miles from the Tesla SC. I will be going the back streets as the Interstate us a mess and under construction. It will take the detailer 3-4 days to complete his work which includes:

Hand Wash
Paint depth and integrity inspection
Paint Decontamination
Paint Correction and clay bar treatment to get rid of swirls, minor scratches and defects
Paint Work Machine and then PO lish
Wrap with Xpel Ultimate PPF (full front end, bumpers, mirrors, hood and fenders)
Coat exterior with Gtechniq Crystal Serum
Windshield Coated with
Gtechniq Tyre Dressing (British, therefore tyre)
Interior Detailed

Once I get it home there are some things I feel confident I can handle. These will take a couple days.

Hand wash
Wipe with Gtechniq panel wipes
Blow dry
Treating exterior with two coats of Gtechniq EXOv2 Ultra Hydrophobic
Coat Windshield with Gtechniq G2
Leather treatment with Gtechniq L1
Coat Wheels and calipers with Gtechniq C5 Armor

Are you serious about this or kidding?

If the former, are you planning on driving the car in the open at all (and in the process letting passengers inside the vehicle (who will obviously have to wear protective clothing and take of their shoes at the very least))? Or do you want to wrap it in bubble-wrap and hide in storage for posterity in absolutely immaculate condition? :wink:

Are you serious about this or kidding?

If the former, are you planning on driving the car in the open at all (and in the process letting passengers inside the vehicle (who will obviously have to wear protective clothing and take of their shoes at the very least))? Or do you want to wrap it in bubble-wrap and hide in storage for posterity in absolutely immaculate condition? :wink:

I brush my jag's front grille with a super-soft toothbrush twice a day. don't judge.

Once I pick it up I will take it to my detailer which is six miles from the Tesla SC. I will be going the back streets as the Interstate us a mess and under construction. It will take the detailer 3-4 days to complete his work which includes:

Hand Wash
Paint depth and integrity inspection
Paint Decontamination
Paint Correction and clay bar treatment to get rid of swirls, minor scratches and defects
Paint Work Machine and then PO lish
Wrap with Xpel Ultimate PPF (full front end, bumpers, mirrors, hood and fenders)
Coat exterior with Gtechniq Crystal Serum
Windshield Coated with
Gtechniq Tyre Dressing (British, therefore tyre)
Interior Detailed

Once I get it home there are some things I feel confident I can handle. These will take a couple days.

Hand wash
Wipe with Gtechniq panel wipes
Blow dry
Treating exterior with two coats of Gtechniq EXOv2 Ultra Hydrophobic
Coat Windshield with Gtechniq G2
Leather treatment with Gtechniq L1
Coat Wheels and calipers with Gtechniq C5 Armor

i will take some pictures and share.

Once I pick mine up I will certainly floor it on the way home a few times. Then I'm going to take it down the twisty road near where we live and take the corners too quickly to see how it handles. Then I'm going to do some donuts in a parking lot. Take it to my house and open the FWD in the driveway to attract attention. Pick up the kids from school in it to attract attention at carpool. Drive it around for like a week--and then take it to our detailer to be cleaned and waxed. I'll take some pictures and share.

Seriously though.. it may seem on these forums that everyone and their mother gets their cars wrapped and coated and protected six ways to Sunday--but there are plenty of us that don't worry too much about it. Our black Model S looks good after 19 months with nothing but wax. Sure the two scratches on the car probably would have been prevented--but our detailer touched them up and you probably wouldn't notice them unless I pointed them out. And yeah it would look a bit sharper in between washes. But after a wash it still looks great. So if anyone is on the fence about spending thousands of dollars on paint protection, know that it may not be necessary--it depends on what you want.

Yeah, I've been wondering about that too. I was starting to think I was the only person on the planet who wasn't going to wrap his X in XPEL and all the other stuff. Is it just that the people on these forums are over-the-top obsessive about their cars or do Tesla cars really need more protection than other cars? Are there any other people that AREN'T putting all this aftermarket protection on their cars?

Yeah, I've been wondering about that too. I was starting to think I was the only person on the planet who wasn't going to wrap his X in XPEL and all the other stuff. Is it just that the people on these forums are over-the-top obsessive about their cars or do Tesla cars really need more protection than other cars? Are there any other people that AREN'T putting all this aftermarket protection on their cars?

Nope, not the only one--did not wrap the S and will not wrap the X. I am, however, a fan of OptiCoat so the X will eventually go off to get OC-ed once we pick it up.

I never wrapped my MS and it still looks great. I'll wrap the seat backs in the MX, though! I am considering wrapping the falcon wing doors as well if I hear anything about dings from sensor malfunction.

I am glad that I am not the only one who doesn't think a car (any car for that matter) needs to be treated in such an obsessive manner. It is just a utility after all.
Ok, it might be blasphemy to some, but look at how Bob Llewellyn washed his Model S in one of his Fully Charged videos. Then again, England (or Germany) is not California or Florida. We have far more days a year with bad weather that will ruin any good carwash (or wrap, or coating or whatever) within minutes. Perhaps that is one reason why most of us aren't as obsessive about having a car in immaculate condition. That and the fact that cars that look too "posh" attract a lot of attention in any parking lot or wherever they are parked and therefor run a much higher risk of getting scratched on purpose by all those jealous nasties of whom there seem to be just too many about nowadays.

I'm not planning to.

It really depends on how long you plan on keeping your Model X whether it is worth coating/wrapping. If you are going to lease or get rid of it in two years and rarely wash your car anyway it may not be worth it On the other hand if you take pride in your car and like to see it shine and usually wash it every couple of weeks it is probably worth the extra cost. If you are already spending $150k what is a couple thousand more. I had my last car coated and because of waiting for a Model X I have had it for three years. My car still looks like the day the Detailer brought it to my house.

If you are already spending $150k what is a couple thousand more.

Sorry to say, but that is the most arrogant (and ignorant) remark I have heard in my whole life!

You do realize that even if one somehow manages to save up enough money to buy a Model S or Model X, it doesn't mean he/she has tons of money wasting away by the bucketload in the attic! :mad:

Nice for you to be blessed with enough wealth to be that condescending.

- - - Updated - - -

I had my last car coated and because of waiting for a Model X I have had it for three years. My car still looks like the day the Detailer brought it to my house.

Drive your car over here for three years in everyday traffic (and weather) and it will certainly NOT look like the day you got it new. Now matter how much coating it has.

I have a confirmed date and time for delivery. It is Friday 2/26/16 at noon. MikeJr has volunteered to go with me to do an inspection. Appocimately 9 weeks from confirmation to delivery.

Resv #8143 | Production VIN 000251 |P90D | Titanium Metallic | Tan Leather | Ash wood | Light Headliner | 20" silver helix wheels | Premium upgrade | Autopilot | Six seat (2-2-2) | Towing | 72 amp

FLORIDA TESLA ENTHUSIASTS