TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Starting to deliver Production P90D

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Darryl, Feb 1, 2016.

1. highedu

highedu Member

I think you need to read between the lines on this one.

I spoke to my DS yesterday and he told me that my X is "on-schedule" to be delivered with the 22" onyx black wheel mid year (90D). When I probed further he said those who ordered 22" onyx black received a mid year (june/july) date as that is when the wheels will be available.

So on-time could mean mid year depending on the baseline date you are using

2. ModelXBoy

ModelXBoy No More Door Captain of TMC! Oh Yeah Baby!

i just finished talking to the DS, they told me my X still on track for the March delivery. Black Onix wheel apparently did not affect my X because it fall into the early confirmation date when the black wheel is still in stock. No future information is provided to me except for waiting for my VIN email. Any day now...

3. dwebb66

dwebb66 Member

Maybe they just do not like us being south of the Orange Curtain...

4. ModelXBoy

ModelXBoy No More Door Captain of TMC! Oh Yeah Baby!

: ....(

5. highedu

highedu Member

i hope that's true, time will tell

6. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

I have the same experience as stevezzz. My Tesla shows delivery between Dec 17-31, but it has yet to be delivered. I wouldn't put faith in the dates on the site.

Tesla will make sure all signature owners get their cars first, unless it's of their own choosing, before production models are delivered. I'm pretty sure of that given the experience that I, and others, had with the Model S.

7. Mike_F

Mike_F Member

Don't count on it. highed is correct, the black onyx wheels are not available until mid year. Of course, if you want to change to silver, then early 2016 delivery with a $500 change fee!

8. SCModelX

SCModelX Member

So, saw the change to the mytesla page. Was very excited from all the news on the forum, and also the info on mytesla. Talked to my DS and she said that there was a glitch with a lot of accounts announcing delivery dates/ ranges that were inaccurate. She then told me that my X is in early production, and it could be 6++ weeks or sooner. Who knows. But getting there.

9. EboMike

EboMike Member

That's Office Space right there. "Due to a glitch, it looked like we'd be able to deliver you a vehicle in a timely fashion. So we fixed that glitch!"

10. drcherrybomb

drcherrybomb Member

My Page says Delivery Feb 3-10. I know my car is on a train and close to the East Coast. It is coming to Milford CT and then gets transported to Mt. Kisco, NY final prep and delivery. My DS Sam has been great at keeping me updated. I doubt it will be by the 10th, but I think within a few days after. From what I have read, prep on the car is taking longer than usual since it is new and they are not as familiar with the programming. I am getting so excited! I have been anxiously awaiting since my deposit in 2012.

Res #1837 made 11/17/12
    Vin# 20x confirmed 12/2/15
    P90D blue, black leather, carbon fiber, 20 inch wheels and everything else except ludi and tow.

11. sundaymorning

sundaymorning Active Member

Please give us some updates and pictures if possible. Thanks.

12. elguapo

elguapo Member

I noticed this morning the "Delivery Estimate" part of the new MyTesla page is gone. It used to say March - Early April for me. Maybe it wasn't accurate and they ended up getting more calls because of that, instead of less? Did it disappear for others?

13. bobbykansara

bobbykansara Member

Same here. See the thread I started on the main Model X page of this forum (not the sub-forum).

14. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

I was at the SC this morning and they told me that the X's that are coming through now are in much better shape than the earlier ones. So it looks like the laxative worked and TM is passing X's out the door again. :tongue:

15. sundaymorning

sundaymorning Active Member

Thanks for this. Can't wait to see them on the road.

16. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Maybe that other "poop on my X" thread wasn't a hoax after all?

17. elguapo

elguapo Member

Do you have an anticipated delivery date yet? Seems like production shouldn't take 2 weeks...

18. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

I do, but was asked not to post it. More info to come next week.

19. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

Next week, when you take delivery.

Thanks!

20. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

Can't say :crying: