Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starting to Have My Doubts (About Leasing an M3) and We've Not Even Seen the Car Yet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, that seems to be about the size of it!
I used a weatherproof 13A for a while. (this will autolimit to 10A BTW). I swapped out a commando blue 16A socket as the mobile charger comes with the commando option. This really is much better. You get the full 16A and is generally plenty for home charging. You will be continually delighted by your car ! 32K miles of smiles for me.

Reactions: DigbyChicken
I used a weatherproof 13A for a while. (this will autolimit to 10A BTW). I swapped out a commando blue 16A socket as the mobile charger comes with the commando option. This really is much better. You get the full 16A and is generally plenty for home charging. You will be continually delighted by your car ! 32K miles of smiles for me.
Another possibility for the future (though less so, for the Leaf ;-) ).

Bit late to this thread, but a) I hope your nickname is the indeed one of my favourite comedy characters, and b) in my dealings with a huge fleet company and Tesla setting up adding BEVs to a company cart scheme, I can share that it's pretty much all a fleet company issue

Reactions: DigbyChicken
Good news! Looks like we have been assigned a car!

After encouraging messages from @Dunstan and @jfrancis, I bit the bullet and returned to the Tesla chat. The initial response, for the second week running, was: "We don't yet have a vehicle matched up to your order. As soon as we do we will be in touch to advise next steps." I persisted - the order was placed in early May, the end of June (the apparent delivery date) is only a fortnight away, getting a bit concerned, blah blah blah - and chap (eventually) said he would liaise "with our leasing team" and would update us by email.

An hour or so back, my wife received an email to say that "I have rectified your account and you are now matched to a vehicle for delivery this month! The team will be in touch in the next few days to confirm a date for collection from Bristol as this will be the quickest way of getting your car."

I'm so glad I queried this as it does sound like something wasn't quite right. I will now be checking my wife's mobile even more frequently than before for the magic delivery text!

Thanks for your support, lovely people. Progress, at last!

Reactions: jfrancis and Alic01
Bit late to this thread, but a) I hope your nickname is the indeed one of my favourite comedy characters, and b) in my dealings with a huge fleet company and Tesla setting up adding BEVs to a company cart scheme, I can share that it's pretty much all a fleet company issue
"On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver?"

So, the weatherproof extension lead arrived from Toughleads yesterday, and I installed it this afternoon. Looks high quality and it wasn't hard to sort out (in fact, the only problem I had was with the ratty brickwork of the old garage - I had to use a couple of rawlplugs and screws, which is why the cable isn't as straight as I might like, but it is secure). Hopefully it'll do as a temporary fix for the M3 if/when it arrives, and I'm sure would be fine for the Leaf if I/we ever get the charger at the front of the house socketed or upgraded. Failing that, I can always plug the pressure washer in...!
Just a note to commend Toughleads and their excellent customer service. I subsequently ordered a padlock, so that I can keep the UMC safe, and it never arrived, but as soon as I contacted the company, they sent out two more, which turned up a moment ago (just over 24 hours later). Cannot fault that!

(I thought I might as well attach a couple of updated pictures, complete with padlock. I also bought a 3D printed clip to hold the block closer to the wall - just in time for a biblical downpour, which it survived! - and a 3D printed holster/cable tidy. It's not a perfect solution, and I know the garage seems a bit rough, but until I can get someone to rebuild my sound-but-knackered-looking garage, and/or find an electrician who will actually commit to revamping the type 1 charger at the front of the house, this will have to do. ;) )

Attachments

• IMG_20210729_1749172.jpg
    IMG_20210729_1749172.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20210729_1749354.jpg
    IMG_20210729_1749354.jpg
    544.2 KB · Views: 55