Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starting to lose faith

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I maybe misremembering, but I think we signed a trade deal with Korea a couple of years ago?

Canada has many trade agreements, but was this a "free" trade agreement similar to NAFTA? Under NAFTA, goods can travel duty-free between the US, Canada and Mexico as long as they have a certain percentage of North American content. The Japanese cells in the Tesla battery are what throws it over the limit and triggers Canadian excise taxes. I just thought the Bolt, with all its Korean content would be subject to the same thing when it enters Canada.

...not to mention the extra interior space of the X.
"What? You're joking right ?
The interior space of the Model X is vastly inferior to that of the Model S"

I think that these people you think are joking are just referring to the vastly more open and roomy feel of the X or its practicality for a family and not the shear length of lumber that can be carried with the rear seat folded down. Cars have their place and Tesla still sells the S and will continue the old body style for a while I'm sure. The non folding flat rear seats in the 6-7 passenger X are for people who don't care about max cargo length but they are offering the 5 seat for people who want the most cargo room in an electric car. By the way what do you do in the S if you want to carry large items and 5 passengers like the 7 seat X can? I guess if a family of 5 wants to travel or just carry stuff it's not that hand down winner in that case.