Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starting to not like this car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The entertainment interface on my old 100 was way more usable. This is a mess. Anyone know how it decides what is a favorite or recent in that list? Why when you scroll through favorites it can't just go to the next favorite? It defaults to the next station in the Sirius list, not your favorite. Sorry. It's a 100k car. It should be flawless. But... it farts.
85 from 2015 owner here.
That won’t be much of comfort, but unless you did not update to v11 in your previous car, the issues with the interface you mention, which I completely agree with, are the same for any Tesla with v11.
That being said, it does look like Tesla hears our complains, and they provide updates to try and please the majority, probably in certain limits. Eg when they recently allowed to add again seat heaters to the balk, or increase the size of the browser on Legacy S/X.
So you’re quite welcome by my book to post your feedbacks.

Reactions: maxibenson
Never been a deciding factor for me on a car purchase, especially on how to select content favorites. Satellite fidelity for audio is a non starter for any audiophile. Proper AM? Wow.
Proper AM is great for Sports and Sports Talk radio or talk radio fans. And some AM radios signal carries a long. I can pick up our local station 1100 Cleveland a long way at night when traveling. So, yes would be nice to have a reliable AM radio, so I don’t get constant buffering when traveling to more remote areas.

Not every just drives in a big city or areas with strong wifi coverage or just listens to music either. :)

Reactions: maxibenson
I guess if the measure of a car now comes down to how it handles media presets…. I have no retort.
I think it does with all due respect. What else are u doing in the car? Talking on phone, or listening to content I would imagine. If you cannot access the content easily (as in almost ALL other cars that are available) its a bummer. And it's kinda dangerous. You gotta keep looking at the screen. Here's the funny/sad part... the system sounds amazing! But it's impossible to navigate! I would also say that for some dumb reason the left button will only mute phone calls and not hang up. Why can't you just scroll to the end call with it? I still have to look at the screen to hang up. I just don't get these simple enough things that are not part of the system.

I think it does with all due respect. What else are u doing in the car? Talking on phone, or listening to content I would imagine. If you cannot access the content easily (as in almost ALL other cars that are available) its a bummer. And it's kinda dangerous. You gotta keep looking at the screen. Here's the funny/sad part... the system sounds amazing! But it's impossible to navigate! I would also say that for some dumb reason the left button will only mute phone calls and not hang up. Why can't you just scroll to the end call with it? I still have to look at the screen to hang up. I just don't get these simple enough things that are not part of the system.
Totally agree. The whole media/phone UI is a mess and very dangerous. Shocking to see a tech company like Tesla have one of the worst UI’s.

I got my first 2022 Tesla Model S two weeks ago, I love it! My other car is a Range Rover Velar P380 HSE, the upkeep is very expensive, yearly service whether you drive 10 miles or 16,000 miles is $1,800+, high test fuel even in the ECO drive (I'm an old lady) best I get is 25.9 mpg. Taking my dog around is out of question, he likes to watch where I'm going and stepping on the touch controlled buttons within his height catches you unguarded at times. Plus this is the first time my dear husband likes the Tesla and actually wants to ride it where ever we travel. Yoke, I used to fly so it was a piece of cake and got used to regenerative brake after few days. So far I've driven 270 miles charging at home with 5-15 during off peak hours, total cost of $6.27, same mileage on the Velar would've cost me $55+ after waiting in line for 10-15 minutes. Each to it's own though, we are free to like or dislike material things and we should not judge others for their views.