Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starting to regret getting Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The antennas are just not that good, and one has to be careful where the key is placed. I will just have to turn off auto-lock.

I always have the FOB in my pocket so that it can never be in the car without me. I love the convenience of auto-lock. My wife, however, always puts the FOB in a different place all of the time - sometimes her front pocket, sometimes her purse - so it makes it easier for her to forget where it is.

I always have the FOB in my pocket so that it can never be in the car without me. I love the convenience of auto-lock. My wife, however, always puts the FOB in a different place all of the time - sometimes her front pocket, sometimes her purse - so it makes it easier for her to forget where it is.

I thought only my wife did that. "Can I have the keys back?" "I have no idea where they are, let me check my pockets, purse, jacket. O yeah, it's in the cup holder"

Hopefully with the cover retracted so you can see in the cupholder?!

I... don't remember. But thankfully that only happens if I step out of the car and she stays and I leave her the key (once I took the keys and she went to park in the shade, as the kids were asleep, and she couldn't start the car, lol. Remote start FTW!)

Otherwise it's pockets, jacket or purse.