Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Startup Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
B62660C8-21E6-4F43-8B2F-4D1682FECF34.jpeg
Living in WA, usually pre-warm up my Y every time I get ready to leave. Several times, over several different updates since December 2020.48.26 update, currently @ 2021.4.6 I’ve had blank screen issues.

I turn on Sentry Mode each night, otherwise I have tens of SM events. Anyway, here’s my experience

1. Y is warmed up. 2. Door opens normally. 3. Screen UI appears and then screen immediately goes blank/black. 4. I just sit and wait, because nothing seems to work, until the big Tesla T appears. 5. When my UI appears again, it is distorted (see photo). Next time it happens, I’ll make a video so everyone can see the severely pixelated screen and UI rebuild issues.

Is this service request worthy or a bug and hope next update fixes?

Last edited:
View attachment 638964 Living in WA, usually pre-warm up my Y every time I get ready to leave. Several times, over several different updates since December 2020.48.26 update, currently @ 2021.4.6 I’ve had blank screen issues.

Is this service request worthy or a bug and hope next update fixes?

I would say to submit a bug report when it happens. This goes in the log, but nowhere else. Then request immediate service, either The Ranger or local Service Center.
They can read the log and take action. I'm betting you got a bad install of the latest update.
Keep us advised!

Is there any solution yet? I am on 2021.4.12 and this is still happening.

This is what I do, I have a scheduled departure daily in the mornings. this helps in "waking up" the car before leaving in the morning. At work, Sentry is on, this also prevents deep sleep. It is not 100% effective but it does not occurs as often. It is very annoying still.

Is there any solution yet? I am on 2021.4.12 and this is still happening.

This is what I do, I have a scheduled departure daily in the mornings. this helps in "waking up" the car before leaving in the morning. At work, Sentry is on, this also prevents deep sleep. It is not 100% effective but it does not occurs as often. It is very annoying still.
Opening the door then closing again works every time for me. Everything quickly returns to normal with no departure delay.

As the OP of this thread, I've actually not experienced this problem for a couple months now after the last few updates. Dunno what has changed, but in terms of the whole black screen, won't start brake pedal only depresses slightly problem has been resolved (at least so far) for me.

Reactions: DanDi58