TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Startup Luxury Taxi Service with 1 Tesla

Discussion in 'Cars and Transportation' started by wcfinvader, Jun 30, 2015.

1. wcfinvader

wcfinvader Member

We are thinking about launching a luxury taxi service using our Model S. All trips would be prearranged. My wife works very limited hours and I work days so there would always be one of us available to drive. We would launch it in Omaha. I looked at the regulations for Omaha and wow they're complicated. From what I've learned it's going to still cost a significant amount of money for the gamble of not knowing if it would be successful. If worse came to worse could move to Kansas City where there would be more demand. What do you all think?

2. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

I think there are probably other ways you and your wife usefully and productively could use $100,000. I certainly hope so.

3. rocketdallas

rocketdallas Member

It sounds like a hard lifestyle and if you were to get growing volume in fares, you would expose yourself to potentially expensive replacement/maintenance items. I am used to seeing "luxurious" taxi choices in Europe (the ubiquitous E-class), but am unsure if many Americans will favor a Tesla ride over another substitute that is simply convenient.

Just my 2 cents.