Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starving for News...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Releasing information during an IPO may also increase Model S sales. That could be a sticky point with regard to regulations.

However, I highly doubt the rules are so restrictive that they cannot provide any news of progress in terms of site selection or Model S.

"Investor" in having submitted a deposit towards a tangible good? ... I don't think so, but it was a good try.

Although I understand the point you were trying to make, it is clear that when the word investor is used in this situation it pertains to those that will or are interested in acquiring stock certificates in the company.

My question was simply if the rule was in effect at this point in time.

"will or are interested in acquiring stock certificates"

Maybe many people on the S list would be "interested in acquiring," or could be made more interested by some news items. I don't know the actual legal consequences of that, so I'm just guessing (speculating is not a word to use in this context one supposes). ;-)

The key here for the rule is that if the message is intended for the customer, but that customer also happens to be a potential investor, to whom the message is directed controls, and the message in this case would be intended for the customer.

That is why the rule states that if the message is intended for a customer, but that another category of person, i.e. the investor, who could also be a customer, happens to receive that message, what counts is the origination of the message, i.e. if it is originated with the intention of communication to the customer.

Since the message is intended for a customer, it is the segment of the public for whom the message is intended that controls here, not the individual person, who could be either a customer, a customer/investor or an investor. In other words, the focus is on the originator of the message and to whom it is directed, i.e. the customer, not necessarily who receives that message.

"For example, a widely disseminated communication (such as a press release) intended for use by a non-investor audience and otherwise meeting the conditions of the safe harbor will not lose protection if it is available to or received by investors or potential investors."

My question still remains and that is if the rule is in effect at this point in time.

It seems I inadvertently ignited a controversy about the subtleties of what is considered appropriate dissemination of information surrounding an IPO. You guys lost me somewhere on the previous page, but please, don't stop. What I can understand is quite edifying. It sure does illustrate the desperation many of us are feeling during this period of deafening silence. A protracted discussion about technical S.E.C. regulations is as close as we're coming to actual news about the car. Any port in a storm, eh mates?

Unless Tesla has folded their tents and slipped away like a thief in the night, I feel quite sure that we'll be gorging ourselves on a glut of information that has been stored under pressure for quite a while now. I'm hoping for a veritable Roman orgie of gluttonous bouts of binging and purging as we try to devour the feast of facts flowing like a flash flood. Hey, I can dream can't I? I gotta believe.

Unless Tesla has folded their tents and slipped away like a thief in the night, I feel quite sure that we'll be gorging ourselves on a glut of information that has been stored under pressure for quite a while now. I'm hoping for a veritable Roman orgie of gluttonous bouts of binging and purging as we try to devour the feast of facts flowing like a flash flood. Hey, I can dream can't I? I gotta believe.
Those of us in CA are close to the action. We hear and see the comings and goings, whispered talk of versions, accessories and little stories of design. Nothing specifically worth writing about and certainly not worth betraying a trust but I can assure you that Space-X is a busy hub of Model S activity.

How about the tragic plane crash? Guys flying back and forth to do work in LA and SF. Have you looked at the Tesla hiring page? It's all happening but they are just not talking.

Those of us in CA are close to the action. We hear and see the comings and goings, whispered talk of versions, accessories and little stories of design. Nothing specifically worth writing about and certainly not worth betraying a trust but I can assure you that Space-X is a busy hub of Model S activity.
Thanks. That's good to know. I would like to see one in person, even if it's a non-driveable prototype. I'm hoping they build a few more to put them in the Tesla Stores.

AllCarsElectric is a terrible source for anything. They routinely get their facts wrong, they often will simply copy and paste company PR wholesale, and what they do write themselves is rife with errors of fact and even basic grammar. For a while, I used to just avoid the articles by Eric Lovejoy, but now their lazy style seems to have infected all of their writers. I won't even bother to engage on the specifics of the article. Just Say No.

It's interesting that the Automotive News story that ACE links to doesn't mention the 600 mile pack, neither does their video interview.

Either he's completely made that up, or has a good mole somewhere. I presume this would be a "briefcase" style removable battery for the front trunk.

As it seems, with that big of a rear trunk, sacrificing the front trunk to pack even more batteries in there is not a bad idea. I just doubt it would be enough space to double the cell count from 8k to 16k... not to mention the weight of additional 540 kg.

If there is some truth to the 600 mile pack perhaps they will be using some new type of battery and not rely solely on the Panasonic 3.1 Ah cells.

While I don't believe the 600 mile pack for a second. I marvel at the idea that Tesla could pull it off and that it would be the ultimate game-changer in killing range anxiety.

While I don't believe the 600 mile pack for a second. I marvel at the idea that Tesla could pull it off and that it would be the ultimate game-changer in killing range anxiety.

Seriously, none of my cars goes 600 miles on a tank (375 if lucky). Though I guess with an ICE, you can always fill up somewhere