Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starving for News...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I don't believe the 600 mile pack for a second. I marvel at the idea that Tesla could pull it off and that it would be the ultimate game-changer in killing range anxiety.

You can put more than 10,000 of 18650 cells into EV1 battery compartment. And this will weigh less than the original lead battery pack. EV1 could drive more than 6miles per kwh from battery.
3.1Ah * 3.6V * 10000 * (6miles/kwh) > 660 miles.

Looks like things are in fact pushed back a few months. I had been wondering when Tesla was going to admit that a fall 2011 delivery for Signature Series cars wasn't going to happen so I called them. The sales person said it's probably going to be about 2 years from now since the negotiations into the factory site have taken longer than expected.

Dave

Yeah. If it gets much past April though, it will be three years of waiting from deposit to delivery. That's pretty amazing. Don't think I've ever waited for a product that long so I hope the wait is worth it (which I think it will).

I inquired about the status of my Model S order and this is the reply:
The Model S prototypes are undergoing testing with our engineering teams. In 2011, we will have a fleet of VP cars to offer test drives and showcase at our Stores.

Please stay tuned for our next newsletter and company announcements