Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starwood Motors & Earth Motorcars seem to be selling majorty of used Teslas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Earth and Starwood are selling a lot of Teslas, but they are not selling at all. Their prices are not very competitive since the introduction of the dual motor drive and auto pilot. If you look at Ebay, they have not sold one for months, they are stuck with their inventory. Why would anyone buy from them if we can get a inventory one from Tesla from much less with full warranty and government rebate of $7500.

I agree. I think you have to have a few brain cells missing to pay anywhere near what they are asking. They basically seem to have a nice setup going where Tesla gets these cars for nothing and then gives the cars to them for a profit and then they mark up the cars way above market value. Anyone spending anywhere near $90K for a used Tesla from them or anywhere else is much better off buying a new one, get the $7,500 rebate, with the exact color combination and options you want and plus get the benefit of all the new improvements and possibly the D. You also get a brand new car with extra warranty coverage.

I am not surprised they are not selling those cars at those prices. Like you said you can buy an inventory car with fewer miles, full warranty, and even the $7,500 rebate for much less than what they are asking for .Some of the recent inventory cars are being sold for $10-$20K off the sticker price before you even factor the rebate.

- - - Updated - - -

Saw all the ads this evening. Wow, almost 40 Model S cars between these two dealers. Way to go guys. Glad to see someone embracing the used market for these cars.

They are not so much embracing it as they are marking up the prices to almost new car levels. Anyone paying anywhere near that is going to pay a huge cost in depreciation as the cars are worth substantially less than what they are asking based on others Model S vehicles available to buy.