Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

State Farm Dropped My Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
USAA is the best. Makes me very happy that my wife is a Marine Corps daughter, which qualified us to be covered by USAA. My premiums went up a bit after my goofy accident a year ago, but not by much.
I have USAA as well. Will never switch.

FWIW to the OP: San Diego's only Tesla certified body shop told us at a club meeting that State Farm is the worst insurance company they deal with. Probably can take them dropping you as a blessing in disguise, at least when it comes to insuring a Tesla.

I will just say I have a much, much better rate with State Farm than what people are posting here. In fact my P85D is $10 cheaper a month than my P85+ I sold. My P85D is only $10 more per month than my Ford SUV.

I do have a $1k deductible and my home, umbrella and two other cars are with them.

I would also throw in the whole YMMV on the State Farm argument. I am only 26, have had State Farm since I owned my first car (almost 10 years now), and maybe it was because of previously being under my father's policy and now breaking away from him, they still give me a discount for being associated with my family or some such, but I have the best insurance rates across the board vs any other offering out there (Currently Condo/Car/Umbrella policy). Each time I make a major change (The last one being when I bought the MS) I always run through most of the major obvious insurers out there and it is always the same... SF has the best rates I can get my hands on.

This is just the tread I was looking for..
Just ordered a model S, did things backwards and was so excited about finding my perfect fit, I didn't check insurance costs prior to my purchase committment. My annual insurance rates will jump a whopping 4200K annually and 2500/ 6mths. I have an additional driver on my policy which is through Liberty Mutual. Any recomendations for PA resident, I see GEICO and USAA recomendations but are any of you PA residents? In PA vehicle must be listed prior to pickup.

Rates mean nothing, when you have a claim is when you see what really matters. Auto club and USAA are two of the best. When you have a real accident is when you see what matters. Ask any lawyer from a large firm who will throw you under the bus or cancel you. The resources and how they treat you in a significant situation is what really matters. Rationalize and justify but this is no area to scrimp today. IF you don't have at least 500K in liability plus a 1.5M umbrella you are not covered well, this is a cost effective way to go. Most of the companies listed in this thread are fine for minor incidents but that's not where insurance really matters and most are just competing on price and in the end will cost you far more than a good company.

You do realize that you resurrected a thread that died 5 years ago.
In any event, I am with State Farm in PA north of Philadelphia in Montgomery county. 250,000/500,000/100,000 $595.19 for 6 months.
No sorry. I was just looking for any help I could find with regards to current Tesla owners and auto coverage. Looking at the responses though, it's clear that my children who are on my policy, but would not be a driver on this car could be contributing greatly to the cost.

Crazy. I have been with Progressive for several years. Model 3 and Model S combined had been around $750-800/6 months. They just raised me to $1200/6 months. I just requoted with several others and the next closest was Geico at $1700/6 months. No thank you.

State Farm and American Family have always been the absolute highest for me... for over 25 years and in different cities. I totally believe that State Farm hates me for some reason... I have excellent credit and a clean driving history. Not sure what else the'd want?!?!

2019 Model S Long Range, and with State Farm here in CA. I checked with my agent, no problem.

The State Farm premium is alway a littler higher, but I like that I can walk into the agent office (which is close to me) and talk to them in person if I have any questions. My State Farm agent has always been very helpful.

I have used USAA for 12 years and they insured my S with no issues. I have multiple banking/insurance accounts through USAA and think very highly of them. Great customer service and great rates. If you are eligible (current or former military or have a family member that was/is a USAA member) you can qualify.
I have had USAA since I was a 2ndLt....all homes and cars insured with them for over 45 years.....other companies keep wanting to give me quotes but when i tell them I am with USAA, they tell me that cant touch it.....great service and have never had any issue with them....I would also advice people to get it if they are qualified....

Usaa is so good that they got their client sued because they wouldn’t pay my $7000 medical bill

Rates mean nothing, when you have a claim is when you see what really matters. Auto club and USAA are two of the best. When you have a real accident is when you see what matters. Ask any lawyer from a large firm who will throw you under the bus or cancel you. The resources and how they treat you in a significant situation is what really matters. Rationalize and justify but this is no area to scrimp today. IF you don't have at least 500K in liability plus a 1.5M umbrella you are not covered well, this is a cost effective way to go. Most of the companies listed in this thread are fine for minor incidents but that's not where insurance really matters and most are just competing on price and in the end will cost you far more than a good company.