TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

State inspection near state college pa

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Liming, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Liming

Liming Member

I'm going to get my model 3 in two days. Anyone knows a place for state inspection near state college? Thanks.

2. Theshadows

Theshadows Active Member

Congrats on getting s Tesla. What are you getting? Tire town. There is a local Tesla state college group on FB if you are on there.

3. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

PA requires inspection on a brand new vehicle???

4. Liming

Liming Member

Thanks a lot. Nice to know there is an FB group. I will join right way. I'm getting a LR RWD model.

5. Liming

Liming Member

yes requires safety inspection.

6. PoitNarf

Heh, hilarious. I wonder how often a brand new car fails a safety inspection. :D

• Like x 1
  7. pscarroll

pscarroll Member

I did mine on my Model 3 Performance in Pittsburgh, they drive it around the block, took my money, applied the sticker and I was on my way. Total scam.

8. CentralPA3

CentralPA3 New Member

HELLO CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA! Help me out with an inspections place?

I am also in the rural area of Danville/Lewisburg/Bloomsburg and do not mind going to State College/Williamsport - does anyone have a 100% guaranteed excellent place that can do Tesla Model 3 inspections? I am now in a rush because I didn't have time to get it done at Devon, PA when we were there. Any suggestions of physical places you went to/names/etc - thank you so much!

9. Craig_in_PA

Craig_in_PA Member

Usually, new cars come pre-inspected, but with Tesla selling direct to consumers must get it done ourselves.

10. PoitNarf

Do any other states do this for new vehicles? NJ doesn’t even require any inspections at all for EVs.

11. smogne41

smogne41 Member

Welcome new fellow State College area Model 3 owner. There are more and more of us. Tire Town on North Atherton is where you want to go! They know Tesla's, and did a fast job on my state inspection.