TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

State Republicans formally support Tesla sales in Texas

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by danp, Mar 7, 2015.

1. danp

danp Member

2. TES-E

TES-E Member

A step in the right direction. I hope they get it done.

3. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Wow. This looks huge. I'm going to repost in the Texas forum, moderators please excuse this one cross-post, because no one will see it here, and it's not "general" it specifically relates to Texas and Tesla.

4. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

And some of you may not know this... Texas is almost a one-party state. Campaign season revolves around the GOP primary, and usually a lot of statewide offices aren't even contested by Democrats. (Actually the Libertarian Party fields candidates more consistently than the Democrats do!)

What's also really striking about that resolution is that it comes out against the franchise law in totality -- not merely calling for a limited exemption for Tesla.

Now... Whether this is a real thing or just blowing smoke, that we'll have to wait and find out.

5. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

If you haven't seen this already, go to Support Tesla in Texas and click on the "tell your legislator" link to tell them you support the bills that would let Tesla sell directly to consumers in Texas. Send this website to all your friends in Texas and ask them to tell their legislators.