Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

State Safety Inspection Marshfield MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought my Model 3 in March and needed to have it inspected by the end of this month. I was worried about finding a place to do it due to some of the stories I've heard about bad experiences at inspection stations that didn't have experience with Tesla's and specifically the Model 3. Since I procrastinated so long I just took it to a place I had gone in the past with an ICE car. I brought along my jack pucks, and explained that the car doesn't have an OBD2 and that you need to use the Pucks if lifting with a Jack. No issues at all, the guys were great, I put the pucks in place when they were lifting it, and pointed out where some of the info was that they needed.

I'm sharing this in case anyone else in the area is in the same boat, the place is Ocean Bluff Automotive in Marshfield MA, just bring your own jack pucks (Which I'm sure you all have:) )

They lifted your M3 for annual inspection? I had never experienced that on my MS during the annual MA inspection.

My inspected have always lifted just the front end slightly, so they can wiggle the wheels and check for bad bearings (which is nice to know actually)...I'm sure some shops don't bother. Headlight alignment is also supposed to be required but I've never seen anyone verify they do much more than turn on. Of course, plenty of shops skipped almost all of the inspection, until the state started requiring cameras and photos of each step.