Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

State Street Financial Centre (60 Chargers!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

29E20F4B-FB24-4D8B-9BE8-0148D468E412.jpeg
Found these photos on PlugShare (State Street Financial Centre PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You) 48 Tesla Chargers and 12 Universal Chargers, that is a LOT! I can’t help but wonder if there might be Superchargers here. They sure look committed though!
66E7C020-E1F5-4308-9976-A02AE97C3588.jpeg
01FD6FA8-0A03-495A-AF68-E78AF37B3E53.jpeg

Attachments

• 1B6D6970-AF0C-498A-B658-D9D5A0A6F087.jpeg
    1B6D6970-AF0C-498A-B658-D9D5A0A6F087.jpeg
    553.3 KB · Views: 82
  • BD484FA9-F1AF-48A7-B41B-FB7209880521.jpeg
    BD484FA9-F1AF-48A7-B41B-FB7209880521.jpeg
    577.3 KB · Views: 45
Very cool! This concept proves why you don't always need Superchargers. I suspect most people parking there are going to be there for a decent amount of time (between 1-8 hours). So there is no reason to charge any faster than say 32A. This sort of destination charger setup is much more attractive (since you can park there all day) and I suspect cheaper than a full blown Supercharger setup.

Reactions: Chuq
I went to the Montreal version of a State Street, (Altitude Montreal) however with half the chargers. Still, it was pretty cool, with all the chargers (21 Tesla, 7 ClipperCreek, 2 Circuit Électrique/FLO) and a rare sighting of a Cadillac ELR as well. As once said in Terminator
6CB76741-81BF-4E24-B544-24B061CB5B93.gif

6BA82FA9-4020-44EE-81AD-B6053616D1CA.jpeg
42746530-D535-4308-B9D2-7C3BD74D844A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Question about this place, can you park overnight? I'm going to be staying in downtown toronto, and don't want to give my car to a valet, for an exorbitant price, and not be able to charge. This is a few blocks away, but at least I can charge the car... Are there rules about leaving your car there parked overnight?

Not super helpful though... what happens after 8pm? Says the building has 24hr security, but parking fees not mentioned between 8pm-7am. If I don’t need access to my car during those hours, can I leave it overnight?

I think there is a typo on their web page and where it says: Evening/Weekend: $7.00 max (6pm-8pm)

It should say:Evening/Weekend: $7.00 max (6pm-8am)

This complex should be 24 hours - many of these lots are now unmanned and you just use your CC to get in/out. You should be able to leave your car overnight without issue.

Almost every office complex parking garage in downtown Toronto has L2 chargers and you can park yourself in all of them. And don't forget that there are the SCs at the Eaton Centre but that may be overkill if you are staying overnight.

No, parking is only allowed to 8pm. That’s why I posted the link, I’m sorry that wasn’t helpful enough but it’s not an overnight carpark, otherwise it would say so.
After 8pm your time would be expired and you would get a ticket and possible notice.
Maple leaf square may be your best option, both sides of the wall have chargers. $20 per day
https://lots.impark.com/imp?utm_sou...tm_content=0090270&utm_campaign=local_canada#

Or from my notes
7 Lower Simcoe St
Aka 200 Queens Quay W
Harbourfront
Toronto, ON M5J 2Y5
Mon-Fri all day $15
Sat-Sun $20
16Kw Tesla x20
Free bus to billy Bishop 5am-12am

Are you sure parking is only allowed until 8pm? I find that hard to believe as many people who work there will at times work beyond 8 pm and folks that work there may go out for dinner after work and not leave until after 8. And people may use that parking lot if they are going to hockey/basketball games at the Scotiabank Arena or events at the Sony Centre, etc.

As I said earlier, almost every parking garage in an office complex downtown has L2 chargers. But these places are expensive on weekdays at about $32. This would include Brookfield Place, First Canadian Place, Richmond Adelaide Centre, TD Centre, One York, etc.

As I said earlier, almost every parking garage in an office complex downtown has L2 chargers. But these places are expensive on weekdays at about $32. This would include Brookfield Place, First Canadian Place, Richmond Adelaide Centre, TD Centre, One York, etc.
But this one has 60 of them.

But you only need one at a time. And if you can't park overnight then it may as well have zero if you are looking for overnight parking. After 5pm I am guessing that you would always find an available EV spot at the places that I mentioned.

Am I sure, well I took the time to walk over and ask the head office. 24 hours is for monthly permit holders. Otherwise public parking expires at 8pm. There is a number to call on PlugShare and on the I’m site for lot 270. You are welcome to verify.

Thank you all for the feedback and advice. Sorry my comment wasn’t meant to be dismissive re: the posted link. I just meant that I’d already found links to the description of the place but was surprised by the 8pm closing time for parking. Appreciate the in person check! Just went with a random parking lot near the hotel. Will just swing by the supercharger before I leave. Haven’t checked out the superchargers in downtown Toronto.