Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Static/crackling on some random slacker songs.

I've been trying to track down a minor issue I have with my model3. Every once in a while I get some static/crackling during a song. It kind of sounds like a blown speaker coming from the speaker row near the windsheild. l'm trying to decide if and how I need to bring this up with the service center since I can't really reproduce it. I noted the songs when it happened and later when I went back to reproduce it, it sounded fine. Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe it's just software growing pains? It doesn't bother me too much but I don't want to leave things unaddressed.

I've had it. More in the delivery release of the software than in the subsequent releases (I've had two of those in the past month). Now it's down to maybe one song per week (~5 hours of driving/wk). As you note, it resolves by skipping to the next song, so I can't foresee bothering with trying to get it troubleshot. Good to know others have similar situation. I'm still enamored of the ability to tell my car to play Paradise by the Dashboard Lights whenever the mood strikes, so a bit of crackling once a week or so isn't bothering me.

Reactions: Falkirk

kbecks13

Dec 27, 2017
SoCal
Anyone still having this issue in v10? My wife’s model 3 still does this. She’s recorded a video and shared it with the SC. All they say is they can reproduce if so they can’t do anything. Speaker connection was good according to them.

I used to get this fairly often and it went away about a year ago, haven't had anything like it since then. When she notices the problem, does pausing and then resuming the song have any impact on the noise? Also try skipping songs and see if it stays or goes away.

Previously either of those two options would (temporarily) fix the problem, curious if it's similar.

Anyone still having this issue in v10? My wife’s model 3 still does this. She’s recorded a video and shared it with the SC. All they say is they can reproduce if so they can’t do anything. Speaker connection was good according to them.
I'm having this, I don't know if it's any connection issue but it cuts out couple times a day with just over 1 hr of driving. Static, sub cuts out and then 2 seconds later everything cracks back to normal . I might have to make an appt if the next software doesn't fix it.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC