Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Static Noise when entering the car 2.52.22

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WannabeOwner

Nov 2, 2015
Suffolk, UK
When I first got the car, 7 months or so ago, I often had static noise blaring from the speakers when entering the car. That pretty much went away some months ago. Its come back with v 2.52.22 - every time I have got into the car, at a number of different locations, I've had the blaring static noise.

Car is usually (and was, in all the recent cases) set to FM radio.

I'm also noticing more static when driving. Its not a lot, but enough to be noticeable. Some extra shielding was insatlled last time the car was in the shop, and its been pretty good (Wifee's observation is that she has only noticed it on Radio-4 FM since, not on any other channel/frequency), but that seems to have deteriorated since 2.52.22 too.

Might be a coincidence of course ...

Anyone else?

Yes, I think so. It's like the tuner resets to the beginning of the FM range, even though it shows my selected station. But I haven't seen it often enough to worry about debugging it. If I select something else and then return to the original station, it's fine.

If I select something else and then return to the original station, it's fine

That's my solution too. If I [can tolerate!! a] wait it usually sorts itself out too. Particularly annoying if opening back doors / rear passengers entering first, as no-one can reach the controls. I've made a video of Arrive, radio fine, get out, lock car, get back in, static blaring which I'll send to Tesla Support in case this is not a widespread issue.