Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Static on phone calls - 2021 M3 LRAWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Soul Surfer

Cancervivor, tech geek & musician
Hi all,
I have already set up a service call for this, but I thought I would reach out to the community for some insights and experiences.

Here's the spec:
  • 2021 Model 3 LR dual motor, probably June build as is was a showroom car
    • Software 2022.12.3.2
  • iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 15.4.1
Whenever I am on a call using the infotainment bluetooth, my caller always complains of heavy static. If I switch to the phone's speaker, it becomes crystal clear on their end. From my end, I hear absolutely no static whatsoever. Has anyone had this? Could you share your findings? Thank you.

Hi all,
I have already set up a service call for this, but I thought I would reach out to the community for some insights and experiences.

Here's the spec:
  • 2021 Model 3 LR dual motor, probably June build as is was a showroom car
    • Software 2022.12.3.2
  • iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 15.4.1
Whenever I am on a call using the infotainment bluetooth, my caller always complains of heavy static. If I switch to the phone's speaker, it becomes crystal clear on their end. From my end, I hear absolutely no static whatsoever. Has anyone had this? Could you share your findings? Thank you.
Not sure if you have tried it - but Bluetooth on my BMW had a similar issue in the past- removing the bluetooth device on both the vehicle and phone, rebooting, then re-adding fixed it. If this doesn't work could be an issue on the hardware side.

Reactions: Soul Surfer
Not sure if you have tried it - but Bluetooth on my BMW had a similar issue in the past- removing the bluetooth device on both the vehicle and phone, rebooting, then re-adding fixed it. If this doesn't work could be an issue on the hardware side.
I think you’re referring to unpairing the device? I will definitely try that. Thank you.

Unpair but also delete the device if it remains - on BMW's it still remains on the infotainment even when unpaired on the phone. You have to delete it in there. I am just assuming it is something similar on the Tesla.
Thanks for that advice. It seemed to do the trick. In fact I cancelled my mobile service appointment.
  1. I deleted the phone from BT as a phone device
  2. I deleted the phone as a phone card
  3. I re-paired the phone to BT
  4. I forgot to add the phone as a phone card and only realized this when I got back to the apartment (first world problems)
  5. Went back to the underground garage and added the phone as a phone card.
I had checked it calling my partner and she said it was now clear.

Reactions: Vawlkus