TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Stating a true fact is "racist"

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Black/Black MS, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Black/Black MS

High five mods! You're doing your best to promote ignorance and that's a good thing.

• Like x 1
  2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I have no idea what you are talking about.

3. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I even went through the member's post history and couldn't find anything to explain this bizarre post.

4. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I think he's upset because he had a post sent to Snippiness. (And it look to be a correct move, ftr.)

• Like x 1
  5. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I saw that, but it was a week ago and wasn't related to "racism" as far as I could tell. I'll try not to lose sleep over it. ;)

• Like x 2
  6. bonnie

You sound like you expect things to make sense. Are you new here?

• Funny x 14
    • Like x 2
  7. Black/Black MS

It wasn't racist, but the mods moved it due to "racism". That was the point of the sarcastic response to the mods in posting this thread.

8. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

Too many people take the internet way too seriously.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  9. Carl

Carl Member

Well @Black/Black MS that means there is even no subject to this thread. Bye.

10. Black/Black MS

Bye.

11. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

I had a post moved to Snippiness last week, for apparently no reason, as it was not a snipe or attack on anyone or any group.

It reflects very poorly on TMC that non-confrontational posts are pushed into the closet while trolls are continually allowed to insult people and sow ill will.

• Like x 4
  12. bonnie

I've had more than one sent to Snippiness over the years :) ... some deserved, some not. "Was that my out loud voice again??"

In fairness to the mods who are trying to keep order when it's coming fast & furious, sometimes you only see the stuff when someone reports it. I used to leave notes when doing massive moves along the lines of 'apologies to any innocent bystanders who got swept up'.

Pre-Model S days, it was pretty tame here. You could leave the forum for half a day & there MIGHT be one or two new posts to look at. Now, it's impossible for any one person to read everything (well, not impossible, but you know what I mean). Plenty of inappropriate posts go unmoved if no one reports them. So if you see some of that stuff going on, report it. Then a mod can look at it quickly and do a cleanup if warranted.

• Like x 2
  13. deonb

deonb Supporting Member

Nit. There are no such thing as a 'true fact'. Neither is there an 'alternative fact', or a 'fake fact'.

It's either a fact, or it's not.

• Like x 2
  14. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

I suspect it was the unnecessary personal attack at the end of the reply. When you get personal, you tend to get snipped.

• Like x 1
  15. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

I did start using the "Report" function after an exchange with Doug in another thread about why TMC abides trolls. This was in the aftermath of an incident where someone was banned only after they hinted that they would attack another forum member physically.

"Report" has been useless. I reported a post where the person jokingly advocated "gang rape" (see here: 2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action and the mods did nothing. If my post was moved and this one was not, I'd like to know why.

This is far from the only example. Frankly, I don't even know who specifically is to blame here, since there are different mods and obviously not all of them are around at the same time. However, the buck stops with the forum owners/ site head admins. They are IMO out of excuses.

• Like x 1