Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

STATS app and Data Guru's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the STATS app, and yesterday I had the opportunity to charge my 2020 LR AWD Y from 5% to 100%. This is what the STATS app collected and displayed.

Lqk47yM.png

The Rated Range matched the car's display exactly, so I assume that's where the app got that data. But where did the Estimated Range of 321 miles come from?

Additionally, the app shows 68.74 kW added during this charging session again I started at 5% SoC, I assume the car provided that number. How does this correlate to the reported usable capacity of 72.5 kW? How did it calculate the Miles Added and where did the wh/mi of 234 come from?

My Y is a year old and was rated at 316 EPA miles but that scatter graph showing my Battery Health has been steadily declining since new. At new the highest reading was 312 miles and now it's down to 297. My Y currently has 8389 miles with a Lifetime wh/mi reading of 258 if that matters here.

Do these numbers look NORMAL and what else do they tell me?

Thanks in advance.

Have a look at the sticky threads in the Model 3 Battery and charging subforum. Everything there applies to your Y. They will answer most of your questions.

I believe the estimated range also comes from the Tesla API as I'm pretty sure I've seen it in ScanMyTesla.

I use TeslaFi which is similar, and it also shows added kWhs, charging efficiency etc. I would only take those as estimates, not absolute values. I've seen charging efficiency everywhere between 90% and 100+% and I know that's not true for home AC charging.

Reactions: Needsdecaf
I have the STATS app, and yesterday I had the opportunity to charge my 2020 LR AWD Y from 5% to 100%. This is what the STATS app collected and displayed.

Lqk47yM.png

The Rated Range matched the car's display exactly, so I assume that's where the app got that data. But where did the Estimated Range of 321 miles come from?

Additionally, the app shows 68.74 kW added during this charging session again I started at 5% SoC, I assume the car provided that number. How does this correlate to the reported usable capacity of 72.5 kW? How did it calculate the Miles Added and where did the wh/mi of 234 come from?

My Y is a year old and was rated at 316 EPA miles but that scatter graph showing my Battery Health has been steadily declining since new. At new the highest reading was 312 miles and now it's down to 297. My Y currently has 8389 miles with a Lifetime wh/mi reading of 258 if that matters here.

Do these numbers look NORMAL and what else do they tell me?

Thanks in advance.

Those numbers are pretty consistent with my LR, approaching 10000 miles. I've noticed with stats that estimated range is not always greater than rated range. From what I've observed with my car, the estimated range seems to be related to wh/mi and driving efficiency. Yours are 234 and 107 respectively. If you continued at those figures your mileage would likely be greater than rated. That's my take anyway.

To drift a bit here, thanks for your service Tom. This old Marine is proudly watching his grandson serving in the USAF. Salute.

Your most recent actual driving efficiency (107%) was 7% more efficient than the EPA rating for your vehicle, so Stats is estimating that if you continue that efficiency for the remainder of your battery, you will get 7% more range than the EPA projection of 300 miles, which would be 321 miles.

Reactions: TomServo
Follow Up Question: I have a new PMY on order and should take delivery within the next 4 or 5 weeks, my question is can I delete my current Tesla and replace it with the new one and start my data collection from day one with the new Y? If so how?