Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

STATS app - is it safe to use

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are many discussions about that. Have fun!
PSA: Don't use third-party apps and services, period.

Just as a FYI to the OP, that thread is about third party apps in general. Once one makes a decision that they will use third party apps, the two most popular ones are STATs and Teslafi. Both use your login once to generate a "token" to access your car and dont save the password specifically. Both of them are used by tons of users here.

neither has any nefarious content, or intent by the developers of either platform. IF you are going to use a third party app, which by design carries some risk, these two are both good. If you are wondering on what the risks are, the thread linked above has a good explanation, so you can make an informed choice if you will use third party apps at all, but if you do, there is nothing wrong with the STATS app.

Just as a FYI to the OP, that thread is about third party apps in general. Once one makes a decision that they will use third party apps, the two most popular ones are STATs and Teslafi. Both use your login once to generate a "token" to access your car and dont save the password specifically. Both of them are used by tons of users here.

neither has any nefarious content, or intent by the developers of either platform. IF you are going to use a third party app, which by design carries some risk, these two are both good. If you are wondering on what the risks are, the thread linked above has a good explanation, so you can make an informed choice if you will use third party apps at all, but if you do, there is nothing wrong with the STATS app.

I have no problem using a third party app. I use Teflafi and others.

• Funny
Reactions: BrakeDome
question STATs smart battery prep...

I use this to charge different levels
on different days of the week...

on occasion, all my saved (repeat weekly)
smart batt prep events get dumped and I
get surprised in the AM to not see selected
charge levels...

why does the app dump these
events occasionally?

neither has any nefarious content, or intent by the developers of either platform.

* that you are aware of, we only have the developers word on them not storing the password.

Easily solved by changing your PW after them generating the token though - beter yet generate your own token and hand that over, I know teslafi allows that.

* that you are aware of, we only have the developers word on them not storing the password.

Easily solved by changing your PW after them generating the token though - beter yet generate your own token and hand that over, I know teslafi allows that.

Changing the password invalidates all generated tokens. So the only solution is to generate your own token. Teslafi allows that not sure about stats.