Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Stats For Tesla" app: Question re Efficiency and Performance M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

joebruin77

Dec 23, 2018
Encino, CA
I just installed the Stats For Tesla app and really love it. Even though it is relatively expensive ($19.99), you get a lot for it and there is no montly suscription fee.

I have a specific question re driving efficiency and comparison to other Model 3's. I have been purposely driving much more efficiently since using the app and yet I am not seeing my efficiency improve much. This surprised me and I am trying to figure out why my efficiency rating as indicated in the app is not improving as much as expected. Does the fact that my M3 is a performance model play a role? Is it harder to drive a performance M3 as efficiently as a standard range?

I like how in the app you can compare your efficiency rating to other M3's. But I was thinking, would it be helpful if the developer let you compare your efficiency to those driving M3's of similar battery size and motor configuration?

I welcome your comments and thoughts.

Thank you,
joebruin77

I just installed the Stats For Tesla app and really love it. Even though it is relatively expensive ($19.99), you get a lot for it and there is no montly suscription fee.

I have a specific question re driving efficiency and comparison to other Model 3's. I have been purposely driving much more efficiently since using the app and yet I am not seeing my efficiency improve much. This surprised me and I am trying to figure out why my efficiency rating as indicated in the app is not improving as much as expected. Does the fact that my M3 is a performance model play a role? Is it harder to drive a performance M3 as efficiently as a standard range?

I like how in the app you can compare your efficiency rating to other M3's. But I was thinking, would it be helpful if the developer let you compare your efficiency to those driving M3's of similar battery size and motor configuration?

Thank you,
joebruin77

The efficiency is based on the last 100 miles so have you driven efficiently over 150 miles?

The efficiency is based on the last 100 miles so have you driven efficiently over 150 miles?

I have not had the app that long, so I will see what it says after 100+ miles. Thanks for the suggestion.

I am still curious to know if a performance Model 3 is harder, easier, or no different to drive more efficiently compared to single motor M3’s. Does anyone know the answer?

I have not had the app that long, so I will see what it says after 100+ miles. Thanks for the suggestion.

I am still curious to know if a performance Model 3 is harder, easier, or no different to drive more efficiently compared to single motor M3’s. Does anyone know the answer?

I believe the EPA estimates for AWD and performance are a little less efficient than one motor variants like SR, SR+, MR, LR because the two motor variants are heavier cars and the 2nd motor is a less efficient induction motor.

Thank you,
joebruin77
Efficiency shows up 3x in the Stats app, and they all are based upon different criteria.

On the first screen, while driving, it's based upon the 30 mile average.
On the second screen, it's based upon your last 50/200/500 miles. If you haven't driven that far, you won't get any data.
And on the 3rd screen, the histogram, I'm not sure, but it may be based upon time, like the last week's average or last month.

You can always contact the developer with your suggestions. He's on twitter.

• Helpful
Reactions: joebruin77