Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Status of car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the tesla website it says my mx is currently in production. I just got an email that the car is ready to ship and I needed to confirm my info. Which is correct, the website or email?

Thanks

There are 3 information sources - your DS, the website and e-mails. And they may not always be in sync. Trust the source that updates new status first.

For delivery - the most important notification will be when you're contacted to schedule your delivery appointment.

Reactions: Gpa9504
There are 3 information sources - your DS, the website and e-mails. And they may not always be in sync. Trust the source that updates new status first.

For delivery - the most important notification will be when you're contacted to schedule your delivery appointment.

I was contacted by my DA to schedule delivery, 2 weeks before my vehicle was marked "in production"

Just heard from our DS. Looks like tesla has changed the process for deliveries (at least for Texas) and now require us to pay for the car before they even ship it. This is what they did with our first S P85 in January 2013 - which they didn't do for our S 100D last year.

Just heard from our DS. Looks like tesla has changed the process for deliveries (at least for Texas) and now require us to pay for the car before they even ship it. This is what they did with our first S P85 in January 2013 - which they didn't do for our S 100D last year.

That stinks. It was my understanding that it just had to be paid in full before it entered the state. I don't know if there's really a huge difference there, but it definitely sucks. I don't know how you can refuse delivery when you've already paid for it ...
That is my #1 concern right now, but I feel like Tesla will make it right if something is seriously wrong with it. Hopefully ... otherwise us folks in Texas have no collateral against Tesla to make them fix serious issues.

This will be our 3rd Tesla. We've had great experiences with our S P85 (delivered Jan 2013) and S 100D (delivered Mar 2017), and expect Tesla will do the same with our new X.

Though if there is any major issue, we will not accept delivery of the car and insist they send us a replacement. What isn't clear is the status of the funds they will have collected prior to delivery - it appears they'll likely keep our money while we wait for them to get us another car.

Don't expect that to happen though - and we're hoping the X will be here by early next week and we'll be able to take it on our family vacation next week, when the extra 2 seats (compared to our two Model S cars) will be very helpful...

Reactions: P85_DA
I'd be okay if they kept my money while they gave me a tesla loaner until another one comes. If not, I'm not sure how I would feel about that. I sounds like their QC is a lot better than it used to be, so I'm hopeful that the delivery process will be smooth. Thanks for the info.