Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Status Propagation on Nav When Bethesda SpC Closes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lanny

Nov 29, 2011
MD
One of the things we learned during the temporary closure of the Newark Supercharger was that the status indication on our cars' Navigation screens seemed to be different between cars for a period of time until they all synchronized over the course of a few hours.

During the outage, @jrreno, @CHRGIT, @Max*, @vdiv and I observed this. We never really determined why they were not always in sync. I would have thought that when Tesla switches the status on the system, that the info reaches all the cars at nearly the same time.

We have a rare opportunity to collect data when the Bethesda Supercharger is decommissioned, which is scheduled to happen Thursday.

Who is willing to volunteer to keep watch to see when Bethesda is reported to be turned off and help provide data on how long it takes to propagate to all of our Nav systems?

Please confine this thread to discussions of this experiment. The Bethesda Supercharger thread is over here: Supercharger - Bethesda, MD

Thanks! :)

Good morning @CHRGIT @elmoll @CatB @Reba @Max* & @vdiv ! It's decommission day (D-day). Thanks everybody for participating. :)

The image below shows what I see at 8:00 AM.

DDBethesda1.jpg