Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

stay below 70 mph to reach destination

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just navigate to a closer supercharger along the way and the message will go away.
Yup, this always works, assuming you’re within normal range of the next SuperCharger. The nav system does not yet permit waypoints so it will only tell you about having enough juice to get to whatever destination you’ve chosen. When waypoints become active, I’m guessing this will still remain as a safety factor but you’ll see it far less often.

Surprised by the same message on a 2,800-mile trip. We had a 'feel' for what we needed to reach our next charge (I never charge all the way, the top end of charge is slow, besides hard on the battery), and a message popped up "stay below 75 to reach your destination. A bit later it said "below 70..." - once again, "below 65..." so we opted for a closer charger. Evidently a headwind.

The surprise was how the car is always evaluating its environment and state of charge - and alerts you how to achieve your destination.
Best car I've ever owned in 64 years.

Just navigate to a closer supercharger along the way and the message will go away.

Once it creates the route, I don't see any option to change to closer supercharger. So you mean I have to just cancel and just navigate to supercharger? There's no way to just change the supercharger without canceling the whole route?

Once it creates the route, I don't see any option to change to closer supercharger. So you mean I have to just cancel and just navigate to supercharger? There's no way to just change the supercharger without canceling the whole route?
I think it will eventually route to it if it cannot make the final destination by slowing down. Sometimes I just cancel and route to the same final destination again and it will go through the supercharger.

Sometimes it is faster to go slower and not have to stop - if that is actually your final destination and you have time to charge before you need to leave again.