TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Stealing idea: Wireless Cell phone charger

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Cashoverass, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Cashoverass

Cashoverass Member

Hi friends. does anyone want to help me brain storm a way to steal this idea.

Wireless Charger Install - Imgur

For example, where would the best place to get power be for something like this?

2. spentan

spentan Active Member

I've got a small LG one that cost me ~$35 from a Verizon store, and it is powered by microusb. So You'd be able to use one of the tesla usb ports.

Though, I don't know where you'd put it, it'd fly around without being tethered to anything.

3. Jason

Jason Member

The 12v that goes to the lighter plug runs along right side of console, you can get to the connector here (white thing on bottom right of pic)
    p3.JPG

I installed 2 - one for iPhone 4, it is the black one and has lip to keep phone from sliding around. The white one is a Qi and use it for iPhone 5. I had to modify it a little. Embedded 2 hi-strength magnets in the base, and 2 in the phone cover to keep it from moving around. Just used double sided tape to hold down the bases, and ran cord out back of cubby under screen.

qi-2.JPG

qi-3.JPG

crop-1.JPG

4. danscrip

danscrip New Member

Cool idea. Wanna place my RAVPower Qi charger like this. Would make it cool. No cables fumbling around.

5. passion4audio

passion4audio member

6. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder